1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What was the PITA decision on John Lynch?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by incognito, Dec 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. incognito

incognito TS Member

I heard that PITA was going to review his case. Does anyone know if they did, and what the result was.

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

OR, maybe everyone has finally decided washing linen is not appropriate in a public place......breakemall....Bob Dodd

3. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

The matter was brought up at the PITA BOD meeting in October. After much discussion on the subject, it was the determination by the Board that the rules of the PITA regarding the time limits for lodging a formal protest were not followed as written. Because the protest was lodged after the deadline for filing, there was no action, legal or otherwise, that could be taken by the PITA regarding this incident. It was their determination that it was the Nevada State Association's responsibility to deal with this matter as they saw fit since they had jurisdiction over this shoot.....Dan Thome (Trap2)

4. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

I just received an offical copy of the protest form submitted by John Lynch to the PITA regarding his ejection from the Nevada State Shoot at the Fallon Gun Club. I am quoting from the form:

Applicable rule book section violated: pg12 negligent puller, referee, (a),(d),(e),(h), and pg13 (d).

Details: "On Saturday, 6/30/07, I was disqualified and removed from the club for disrupting the harmony of the Nevada state shoot on 6/29/07. I was not allowed to tell my side of the incident, question their three eye witnesses, or appeal. I was told by the president of the club to leave immediately and never return or I would be arrested."

"On Friday 6/29/07 during the third sub event of the handicap the scorekeeper/referee was not calling lost when targets were unbroken and not recording the correct scores. Between our 4th and 5th post the other four members of our squad corrected the score sheet. I asked the scorer if she was tired and she said yes she was, I said ok we will get you a replacement and you can take a break. Dave Kelly's girlfriend was behind the scorer and said she would get a replacement. The new scorer took over and we finished without any problems. The other members were Dave Kelly, and Zack Zanolin from CA. and Gordon Howell from Or. I do not know the name of the fourth member." Signed by John Lynch

This official protest was received by the PITA on July 16th, 2007.

I also have, in my possession, a copy of a letter from Walt Bielar, the President of the Nevada Silver State Trapshooting Association, written to the PITA Executive Committee, stating their findings after investigating this incident. I am quoting from this letter:

To: The PITA Executive Committee regarding the official protest of John Lynch filed July 16th, 2007:

Please be advised of the following findings:

"We find that the disqualification of John Lynch by the Fallon Trap Club and its officers was unwarranted and should not have taken place.

We further agree that page 12 "Referee" section (a),(e),(h) and page 13 section (d) of the rule book were violated by the Fallon Trap Club officers."

Signed: Walt Bielar, President, SSTA.

This would seem to eliminate both the PITA and the SSTA from having any fault in John's ejection, or how it came about. Will the Fallon trap club step up to the plate and make this right? Who knows? With these two documents in hand, the fault in this matter seems to fall directly onto the shoulders of the Fallon club and its officers.

Now you have the FACTS on what really happened and what the findings were.

Then after this was posted we had another huge number of posts both pro and con regarding the incident. Fallon never apologised or admitted any wrong doing. As I was driving to Reno the other day to buy a car this thread came to mind. I had thought we would never see anything about it again. The above is a cut and paste of the letter that John recd from the PITA. Dan Thome posted it at the time but obviously didn't want to start the post stirring again so he didn't bother to re-post the information. John was vindicated but since he didn't file the protest in a fast enough time the PITA couldn't do much. Fallon will do what ever Fallon does. Suffice to say that we as individual trapshooters have enough knowlage of the situation to make our decisions accordingly. Jeff

5. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Sorry to hear about Walt. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.