1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What type of shell to buy (not steel)

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by cityboy, May 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cityboy

cityboy TS Member

I have an older gun about 8 years with fixed choke (full) and was wondering what type of shells to use this next fall for Pheasant,Duck, and Goose hunting. I know they will cost more just looking for what type to buy and what works best.
    Thanks Mike

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Pheasant 3 1/4 dr x 1 1/4oz Fiochhi Golden Pheasant #5, Ducks Bismuth 1 1/4 oz #4 Geese Bismuth 1 3/8 oz #2. The Kent Tungsten Matrix are as good as the Bismuth or better, #3 ducks #1 Geese. Just my experienced opinion.

3. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

I've had good results with the Tungsten Matrix. They are certainly NOT cheap. They are supposed to work in a full choke without damage. It might be more cost effective, over the long run, to buy a newer barrel with choke tubes if that is an option. The Kent Tungsten Matrix usually go for about $2.25 a shot, or more, in the Ten Packs around here at retail. I'll second Setterman's recommendations for shot size.

4. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Quack shot, have you played with the hevi shot or new Extendedrange Winchester loads? I wasn't impressed w/ the hevi shot for the cost, but I may have been under choked. one of my friends swears by it out of a Super X-2 w/ full choke. which is alot more open than a Benelli or Beretta. Bore Diam. on the Benelli is only .720-.722, where as the SupX has a .745 bore, thus full is more open diameter by nearly .020 (less constriction on the shot column).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

types shell to buy in taipei taiwan