1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What type of footwear are we using most

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Unknown1, Mar 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Plain old off-the-shelf sneakers...usually New Balance... one-half size too big.

MK

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Most of the big guns are wearing flip flops. HMB

3. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

One half size larger gardening boots by Cactus. Great value, great support, safe and effective re. traction on all surfaces. Give a slight forward balance. I got that idea, and it works, from a Shotgun Sports Magazine article...

4. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

I only buy high number new balance- higher than 800. I make sure that they are made in USA. Used to be they all were, now just some.

The higher the number the better the support and technology in the shoe.

5. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

New Balance. Remstar311, I didn't know about the numbering thing.
    Todd

6. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

What ever tennis shoes that I have available. I just bought a set of the New Balance terrain running shoe.

7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Bought some Under Armour tennis shoes this last go around. The price was right and they felt good at the store. I was real skeptical but they have turned out to be great. Its the cross trainer style(Cartilage model). They are real comforatble even after several hours of walking. I'm usually a Nike person.

Work boots i have been hooked on a Carhartt high lace boot model. Leather breaks in real fast and have been getting decent wear. I know they are good boots, but i never could find a Red Wing boot i thought was comfortable. Alot of co-workers swear by them.

My wife has me hooked on those darn Crocs for around the house. I swore i'd never be caught alive with a pair on. She bought me a pair and i tried 'em. Damn things are comfortable and easy to slip on.

8. squirrelkiller

squirrelkiller TS Member

I always feel guilty buying a pair of running shoes, because they sure don't get run in much. Maybe a short spurt here and there, but running no more. Those tennis shoes with the little ripples look nice and comfy, but a little pricey.

Rod

9. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

This thread cracked me up. I shoot in Stockton a great deal where Ron Alcoriza shoots and works with the kids. Great guy, and obviously one of the all time great shooters, and I consider him one of the big guns in his day. When he was first pointed out to me, I thought there must be some mistake. He looked like he was fresh in from the fields and was wearing surfer sandals.

If I could shoot like Ron, guess I would go bare foot if necessary.

10. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Boots at work, lace up shoes or half boots for winter play. Leather boat shoes for summer casual, no socks. Tassled loafers for casual dinner. Crocks around the house and garden. Nike sandals for the beach and Jacuzzi.

I only wear tennis shoes for Trap.

11. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Never been able to stand for any length of time in running shoes. They appear to be made to compensate for pronation (landing on the outer heel when running) and they throw my weight onto the insides of my feet when I stand in them...not comfortable! You can see hoe the heel is canted to the outside if you look down the length of the shoe from the heel end. A cross trainer is more comfortable for me.

MK

12. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

What will it be next????

What type of condoms

What brand of toothpaste

What about TP...Sharmin, or Cottonelle

What type of skivvies..Briefs, boxers, er none

What bait.. Plastic worm or crank

What kind of sweaty boys prevention? Gold Bond or baby powder

Dating technique... Bite or nibble

Come to think of it there are at least a million or four issues we could banter about without cause, reason, nor effect.

Frivolous banter---the sustenance and joy of TS.com.

What great fun!

Guy Babin

13. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Off the shelf sneakers... whatever is on sale!

14. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Merrell Radius walking training shoes....love 'em....just bought my second pair and sometimes Roper Horseshoes lace up ropers....also very comfortable...

15. Jim Lambert

Jim Lambert Member

Red Ball Flyers

16. philk

philk Member

New Balance cross trainers, will never buy Nikes again. Anyone remember the Shoot Boots ?

17. pigkiller

pigkiller Member

Cowboy boots. They help me lean into the shot.

18. Mykidstrap

Mykidstrap TS Member

Sometimes I wear my Teva sandals, sometimes I wear red wing boots (Irish Setters) and I've also tried wrestling shoes. My one son shoots in Muck boots only and my other son shoots in skateboard shoes only.

Your feet are the starting point of your foundation. As critical as it may be, your motor skills must be fine tuned also. As I tell my kids; it's not just the swing, it's not just picking up on the bird soon as it leaves the house. There are several pieces to pie. The foundation is critical as we can all agree, but if you have too many pieces of the pie missing, it's simply chasing correction in the game in the wrong area.

If looking for style points, how about pants tucked in your boots. It works in Arkansas :) if looking for comfort, new balance or orthopedic shoes might be your bet.

Realistically speaking, as one or two in here have said, a flat surface shoe sounds like the ideal choice. Remember, the pro's get paid to wear the selected shoe they wear. :)

19. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

Merrell hiking boots

20. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

I switch off from wearing PF Flyers, and Buster Brown's. Every morning when I wake up I sing, "does your shoe have a boy inside what a funny place for a boy to hide, does your shoe have a dog there too, a boy, a dog, a foot in a shoe. The boy is Buster brown, the dog is tige his friend!!!!
    Steve Balistreri

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.