1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What type of choke in my TM1

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RioVistaBob, May 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RioVistaBob

RioVistaBob Member

I picked up another TM1 and it has a choke in it (Mod)and appears stuck. It has a 2 slots on the top to remove it. Anyone know what type of choke would this be so I can get the correct tool to remove it?
    thanks
    Bob

2. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

You can always just stick a quarter in the slots, and turn it out. If it's too tight, you can just put an adjustable wrench on the quarter.

3. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

A little bit of heat from a blow torch should also expand the barrel, hopefully, enough to get the choke out.

Years ago when we bent barrels, we used a acty torch to a couple of Perazzi barrels to "bend" them. We were careful with the heat so as to not loosen the ribs and/or discolor the blue. We never ruined a barrel either.

Be darn careful if you apply a wrench to the "quarter" method. If you bung-up the two slots, you may then cause yourself more trouble than you want.

Might even consider some penetrating oil too.

Whiz

4. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

If you "bung" up the slots with a quarter, you probably want to replace that choke anyway. I've buggered up a few quarters, but never a choke.

Obviously the proper choke wrench is the preferred method. I just mention the quarter if you can't find anything else.

Whatever you do, don't use a flat head screwdriver, and a hammer. I saw someone bugger the end of their barrel trying to do that. Ouch!

5. RioVistaBob

RioVistaBob Member

Question is with the two slot any idea what's the manufactor of the choke. Also,
    who makes a good choke wrench with the two slots?

Bob

6. goldenbear

goldenbear Member

Bob:
    B-Square made some nice quality choke removers. I don't know if they still do. They were color coded. Green=Remington, Blue=Beretta etc.

Good Luck,
    John

goldenbear_2008_030318.jpg

7. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

I purchased a TMX with that 2 slot choke in it it came out easy but I always wondered who made them myself hope some one on here can shed some light on them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.