1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What trophy do you prefer!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Drusso, Jan 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drusso

Drusso Member

Every time I attend a registered shoot, there is always talk about the trophies that are given out. Mind you, many of them are very nice but you continually hear shooters say " I do not need another belt buckle". My point is I am happy no matter what I win. Personally, I would like to see something like they do on the poker tournements (TV), where the winners get a bracelet. THey do not have to be fancy, but that way you collect something that is similar no matter where you shoot..................what is your idea

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Hmmmm....bracelets and maybe some Santo (fake) Gold necklaces, aka: Mr. T. Starter Kit.

That way our macho shooting brethren can walk around with their chests all poked out (like a banty rooster) for all to admire...

Maybe they can get the Disco Scene revived??

Curt

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Green paper with the pictures of presidents. HMB

4. PAR8HED

PAR8HED Member

Vern,

Would owning a liquor store and a few other personal traits be helpful as well? Never fails, have a bad day and things are instantly a little brighter after reading some posts here. :D

Personally, I could care less what the "trophy" looks like. It's just nice to know that you did well that day and got recognized for the effort. Mine are sitting on the shelf next to the reloader. Good memories of fun times.

HJH

5. philk

philk Member

I`d prefer boxes of STS`s or Nitro 27`s

6. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I'll go with philk...ammo always works....

7. Conn. Man

Conn. Man Member

I LIKE THE AMMO IDEA ALSO.

Sandy

8. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

I would much prefer ammo, or reloading supplies. Primers, powder, shot, wads, etc. By giving these things as trophies it guarantees the club that the shooter that wins them will be returning to use up what they won. At the prices of shooting, and reloading components, let's keep them shooting targets. Cash can be spent anywhere and most of it never comes back to the club.... Just my opinion... Dan Thome

9. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

I like a trophy, or ammo, or money or nothing. I use the ammo but still occasionally take a fond glance at the trophies. Money helps offset the cost of the shoot.

10. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Money or shells but don't stick me with garbage shells from some obscure place, un-reloadable hulls, and 1400 fps velocities......Bob Dodd

11. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

I don't have enough trophies yet, if i did I might have a different opinion. To me, a box of shells goes downrange, never to be seen again. Money gets spent on who knows what. But a trophy of some type is something you couldn't buy that day for any amount of money and is a nice reminder of an accomplishment.

12. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

hmb,

I prefer the image of Benjamin Franklin myself. He was smart enough to never be President. Lol.

ss

13. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

As Yogi Berra said, "they give you CASH which is just as good as MONEY"

Cash, Money, however you want to say it works for me. It also helps pay my next entry fee!

Matt Woodson

14. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

How about a gift certificate from a vendor who supports our sport. Or a massage from Liz Christensen.
    Keep the money in the sport.

15. Allen-MX8

Allen-MX8 Member

I won the Handicap at our Zone Shoot a few years ago and won two Silver Commeorative Coins (one Troy ounce of pure silver each) that were very nice. I really appreciated receiving the coins.

As to shells, you just shoot them and they are gone!

Allen

16. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Shells, reloading components,guns, cars, money, gold, silver, rubbies, emeralds, diamonds, etc.

17. Prescott Gene

Prescott Gene Member

I have to agree with rhymeswithorange.

Gene

18. al391claybuster

al391claybuster TS Member

I have only shot in PITA events. I really like the pins that are awarded for a win, usually in the envelope with a few $'s. It allows me to reflect back to on the win or place. I've even used the pins as tie tacs on accusation. Some clubs such as The Bend Club offered a beautiful belt buckle, or the value in cash. I took the buckle on Sat, first one I've won. On Sun I took the cash and bought supplies from a vendor. I just joined the ATA, and it will be fun to complete in both arenas. Thanks David

19. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Shells, my choice.

20. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Last year I volunteered to be on the ATA trophy committee...what was I thinking? I talked to alot of shooters at every shoot we attended trying to get some ideas about what shooters wanted to win. The answers are as varied as the people are. At the Grand last August, I approached the ATA Executive Committee with an idea to let the winners pick their award. It was considered but not approved. I still think this would be a good idea. I am going to try to get an unofficial survey at the bigger shoots this year to see what the winners would have selected if they had had a choice. One of my proposed selections would be credit with the ATA to be used at the Grand for entry fees. I am always open to good ideas and practical suggestions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.