1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

what trap gun should i buy

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by twoertink, Mar 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twoertink

twoertink TS Member

Going to buy a trap gun it is between a bt99 or 682 gold e unsingle what is the best choice if both guns fit

2. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

The one that trips your trigger,both are great guns.

3. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Test drive then test drive some more. One should stand out as the better choice.....Bob Dodd

4. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

In my opinion, there is no comparison in the 2 guns. The Beretta 682 unsingle is a much better choice and will hold its value much better than a BT-99. Not only that you can turn it into a combo; just by purchasing a set of barrels for it. But as Bill Grill said; your choice should depend on what "trips your trigger". Shoot them both if possible. Ed

5. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Now, there's the good fix - thinking out of the box, eh Big Bore? I'll second that.....Bob Dodd

6. sammyd95

sammyd95 TS Member

I must have bought a bad bt-99,been shooting it for 15 yrs or so,and not mushy or sloppy yet,as far as choice i think you can tell what i think,but Personally I would atleast try a couple of each atleast shouldering them and see how the feel and fit.even 2 of the same gun wont fit or feel the same.so check a few of each out !

7. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Being a lefty I'm a little more anal about gun fit. I would buy a gun then have it fitted to you, then patterned. The receiver and barrels on most guns are fine. It's the wood that matters. Remember - the barrel shoots but the stock hits. Dave T.

8. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Brownings are good cheap guns with bad service histories. Beretta's are a better cheap gun with good service histories (especially Cole's in Maine).

Dollar for dollar....Joel Etchen's 687 Combo.

Curt

9. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

The BT-99 will fit more shooters off the shelf than a Beretta- especially important if you're a lefty. Put a "for sale" tag on both guns at the club and see which one sells faster! I'll bet I know!!

10. widomaker

widomaker TS Member

I don't know what a Beretta 682 is as I'm new but I did almost the sam thing I went out and bought a BT99 great gun no complaints but when I went to my first big shoot NY State Shoot I saw they were shooting doubles I had never seen or heard of doubles before and I just couldn't get that second shell in fast enough. I then went out and got an XT Trap combo that one of the barrels is an O/U. Now the BT-99 sits in the closet and its like new. If you even think you might shoot doubles get an O/U and save some money.

11. trappug

trappug TS Member

Joel Etchen Special Beretta 687 SPII combo,Best gun for the money

12. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Look for a 682X old style, they are built like tanks and last forever.

Ronbo

13. CharlesR1100

CharlesR1100 TS Member

Buy and shoot an 1100. Borrow and shoot a K80 like you stole it. Then steal it. Borrow a Perrazi, then give it back. After shooting the 1100 and the K80 you will know why.

14. vdt

vdt Active Member

one that fit's you and your wallet....vdt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
should i get a trap gun

who makes orvis kangaroo leather boots