1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

what to use for liquid in a shotmaker

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Chugiakshooter, Feb 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

RV antifreeze.

2. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

I started with flame retardent hyd.oil, it was a PITA to clean the shot, next I tried water and didnt have good success in my shot shape, I then tried fabric softner and its a PITA cleaning also, finally I tried water soluable oil and it works and cleans up real good..

3. plinker611

plinker611 Member

dot 3 brake fluid for me,and i rinse with water,i do use a tranny cooler sitting in a cooler with ice&water use a 200 gph pump to run fluid through cooler,tank holds 12 gal and holds a nice cool temp even after a 300+lb run,also have a 400cfm range hood vented outside, mounted above set up to keep the smoke going out.mark

4. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

You put RV anitfreeze in the water system and drink out of it after.It might be Low Tox.

5. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

Personaly I use Crown Royal, ( But thats for Little Ole Shotmaker ME ) RV anti freeze to cool the Lead....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

what lubricant used in a shotmaker