1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What to Pick: Unsingle or Top Single?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Chango2, Feb 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

OK, I asked this question before, but am still not sure re. advantages/disadvantages of each and which to pick. So...can many up there bring me up to speed re. this topic?

Thanks...

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I myself would not spend the money for an unsingle until I became convinced thru trial and error that I could shoot one.

3. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Are they really that different to shoot?

4. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I was raised and rared on the highest ribs possible. That is all I know and that is all I am shooting. Wouldn't have it any other way. Besides all that, they look neater than hell.

5. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Unsingle a little less recoil, helps a two eyed shooter see under the barrel, less heat waves

Phil Berkowitz

6. Phil Kiner

Phil Kiner Well-Known Member

Some shooters CANNOT efectively shoot an un-single. Make sure you can shoot one of the style you are considering before you buy.

7. JohnR

JohnR Active Member

I went from an unsingle to a top single and became more consistent, however I would consider my Guerini a tall rib top single. As others have stated best to try both and see what works for you.

JohnR

[​IMG]

8. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

The un-gun ain't for everyone. Shoot a buddies before taking the plunge.

9. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

would you buy a car before taking a test drive?!

Jay

10. MOP

MOP Active Member

Speaking only from my experience, an unsingle is not what you want if you have any tendency to crossfire.

11. blackfoot

blackfoot Member

MOP, that is the exact opposite of what I have experianced. Started the crossfiring thing about a year ago( maybe 4-5 birds out of 100- biggest problem w/ singles),so I bought a high rib topsingle.Problem got worse and could NOT shoot the gun for the life of me( this was w/ a K80 Prorib TS and I tried a MX10 w/ the same results).

I am back w/ my K80 unsingle and forcing 1 eye closed-improving but a tough change to make. It is taking alot of hard work.

What i have learned this last year is That the damn crossfiring is a random thing for me, so eye work is more important to changing guns.

12. GoDawgs

GoDawgs Member

I also had trouble with an unsingle (Browning). Ended up getting a Ljutic which is almost like a top single and it's made a big difference. It's almost like the center of gravity on an unsingle is noticably lower and messes with your swing.

13. thunder

thunder Active Member

blackfoot have you tried a tubed fiber optic front bead or a rib blinder. I tried a tube sight by a off brand company and loved it but sold it with a gun (what was nice with this one was it just stuck on behind the front bead and done). Wish I would of kept it, will have to look for one again. A guy at the Grand in Vandalia was selling them, very sturdy, just can't find them anymore.

Use a blinder but sometimes think when blinder comes into my ghost view on the target I let her go.

14. blackfoot

blackfoot Member

Thanks,I haven't tried one but it's worth a try!

15. Gulfstream

Gulfstream Member

UnSingle...

Been there, done that, would not do it again.

16. bjk1972

bjk1972 Member

I have both and shoot them equally as bad! lol. Seriously I like the standard rib unsingle better.Two eyed shooter with alot of astigmatism in non dominant eye.

17. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

I like the Unsingle better, though it is just a preference thing. I shoot both equally well. Less heat waves is nice on a hot summer day. You just have to try the guns and find the one that is right for you.

18. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

Only thing I can hit with an unsingle is the occasional straightaway. I've tried a few and the result was always the same: Bad score.

19. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

I am a one eyed shooter and shoot a top single much better. Bill

20. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

I am a one eye shooter and I have owned and shot good and bad scores with unsingles,mid singles and top singles. I prefer top singles with a medium rib--Alfermann. I tend to shoot off of the tip of the barrel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.