1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What to expect from the Ohio State Shoot?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Dbl Auto, Jun 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

Trapshooters, what can I expect to see at the Ohio State trap event at Merango? I don't shoot ATA but am going as a spectator on Tuesday, June 17th. I used to love going to the Grand at Vandaila and watch the shooters. What is on the schedule for Tuesday? How many shops / sellers are at this shoot? I look forward to seeing some of you shoot at the Cardinal Center and would like to hear any details about it.

2. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

probably see a few more vendors on thursday and later. it will be hot and busy. nice place to shoot. bring money for practice as most vendors let you shoot the guns. they also have a pool on the camp grounds. food and motels within 20 miles. best place is south to columbuis exit at polaris mall.

3. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

If this year is anything like the 2007 Ohio State Shoot, you will be treated to a premier show at the Cardinal Center in Marengo. It is a top-notch facility for (both) shooters and spectators, alike.

Ths actual shooting program for Thursday, June 18 consists of 100 singles ; 100 handicap and 200 doubles (100 pair).

I was impressed and amazed at the number of vendors, as well as the selections of food stands last year. I remarked that the shoot had a certain "carnival" feel to it, as you strolled through the vendors and eating selections.

The Fishburn family and staff at the Cardinal Center have hit upon a real winning combination, based upon running an excellent tournament and providing amenities and accomodations that are second-to-none on the shooting circuit. As mentioned, there is an onsite swimming pool, along with a fishing pond ; several hundred campsites ; cabins in the woods (rentals), excellent (private) shower rooms with toilets, sinks & mirrors ; shooter tents and picnic tables for relaxing in shade ; a pig roast dinner on Friday (nominal $3.00 charge). There is also a family-owned restaurant just up the road from where the trapline ends.

An easy drive to Columbus will afford you anything else that your trip may require - motels, shopping, etc.

I am certain you will be treated to an enjoyable visit at the Cardinal Center. Watch and plan for the weather conditions, as you might do with any outdoor experience. Aside from that, there is little to concern yourself with.

4. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

17 Jun- 100 singles, 100 caps, and 200 doubles
    18 Jun- 100 singles, 100 caps and 100 doubles
    Your dates and schedule is right from Th through Sunday. Tom Rhoads

5. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

AND it couldn't be even NEAR as hot as it was at Sparta last year, and proabably will be this year!

6. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

I heard, from a usually reliable source, that there will be upward of 80 vendors at the Ohio State shoot this year. Tuesday may be a day or two early to get the full impact. Can't add anything else, only agree with what the rest of the posters have said.

KIP

7. Zoltan

Zoltan Member

You can expect to see a much larger crowd this year as compared to 2007. Here are some of the details.

Camping spaces have increased over 50% from 2007. Most if not all of these spots have been reserved.

Trophies have increased from 362 in '07 to 434 in '08.

Option monies have increased from 202,570 in '06 to 267,000 in '07 and will go even higher in '08 with the increase in attendance.

Since you enjoy watching the shooters, you will be glad to know that 2 shootoff bleachers have been added for viewer convenience.

Roger Edgington

8. OVBILL

OVBILL TS Member

This shoot sounds like it's only getting bigger and better, it'll be my first time down from Canada (being a chairshooter I wanted to wait until the construction was over), I've rented a cabin on site, now I need to fine a good butcher for the BBQ

Hope the see lots of old & new buddies when I get there

Shoot Well

Bill

P.S. it'll be just like going to Vandilia for the first time! and that was an eye opener

9. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

10. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Hi Bill:

You fire up the barbecue and your friends will appear.

Joe Woods/Ontario

11. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

I wouldnt call it Vandalia but whens the last time you shot at a club that had a working oil well on site???

A very nice club indeed.

Be prepared for wind. The vast open fields get the wind going pretty good.

Good shooting....Gerald

12. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Got a good look at the Bunker, International trap ?? being built at Cardinal Center Sat. (Osta)

Its unlike anything I have seen.

A huge concrete fortress if I may call it that. A multi trap set up.

Its reported to be ready sometime next year. Looks real challenging.

Regards...Gerald

13. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

I have heard that they have added 4 more trap fields on the west end. I hopethat is true. I look foward to being there. Todd

14. stockguru

stockguru TS Member

The weather is BALMY ! It was a bit heated (80) on Monday but the last two days were gorgeous and cool. Yes, a little windy too. Mr Fishburn and his staff have, once again, made vast improvements to the grounds. The grass is full and freshly cut. There are a couple more porta jons and there's a VERY nice handicapped porta jon near the center of the grounds( as nice as a porta jon could be!). The traps are freshly painted. They laid down "mega tons" of more gravel and even some screening to make it much smoother. As stated by another, the camping spots have been expanded and improved. The restrooms are clean from my viewpoint. The earlier the better! There's lots of scuttle of the things to come for next year and it sounds exiting...have to wait til the exitement wears off this year first!!!!!!! The bunker is coming along VERY WELL. As always, Fishburn family and staff are extremely friendly and grateful to have all the shooters. They do a lot to try their best to provide us with an A-1 facility and they have. I have pics but will have to get them another day. You will all be thrilled if you come and if you do not, you'll just plain miss out! Hope to see you there. If anyone wants to keep in contact I'll keep you posted through the weekend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.