1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What to do

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jergott, Aug 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jergott

jergott Member

I used to shoot a lot of nssa regestered skeet back in the 90's and early 2000's with a fair ammount of success. A combination of a new found interest in sporting clays and a lack of disposable income due to starting a family has made me think about possibly selling/trading my perazzi MT6 with a full set of briley sub gauge tubes and picking up a browning or beretta 32in barelled sporting gun. I miss the competition and traveling of the skeet shooting circuit but I think those days might be gone. Any non-biased thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated. Jeremy

2. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Jeremy, Your comment: "I miss the competition and traveling of the skeet shooting circuit but I think those days might be gone." rings true with my experience. Costs and time commitments have taken their toll. I used to shoot every skeet tournament I could in the 1990s around Missouri, Kansas, and sometimes Oklahoma. Went to a couple of World events. It seems that trap is kind of headed in the same direction. Best Regards, Ed

3. missed some

missed some TS Member

How many shooters were at these skeet tournaments?

4. buster45

buster45 Active Member

If your MT6 is 30" or better keep it, with the tubes for sporting you have a great gun to shoot sporting with and one of the best guns made without having a fortune tied up.Keep it and enjoy.
    Buster

5. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Jeremy, I say buy a used 390/391 auto go for it. You can always get your money back in a few years if you ever want to sell, and hold on to your skeet set until the day you "Know" its time to sell it. If you have to think about it or ask for help to see if I think you should sell it. "Its Not Time Yet". I use my skeet gun for sporting clays with no problems. But it has 30 inch barrels. If I had 28 inch I would want a different gun for sporting too. Good Luck and Break-em all. Jeff

6. jergott

jergott Member

7. jergott

jergott Member

The gun has a 29 1/2 in. barrel with the higher rib and a m/c stock with adjustable comb and buttplate. Just debating if 32in barrels are better for sporting clays or if I should stick with what I have for now.

8. perga1

perga1 Active Member

Why not just buy a set of 32" barrels for the MT6? You'll be shooting a gun you know and are comfortable with. JRM

9. Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe Member

Why not shoot what you have, it will work just fine. Plus you have the subguage tubes for the subguage events. 30" is just fine, and you already know where the gun shoots.
    Rick

10. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Jeremy, If that's the case and you can change out choke tubes in your gun, Why go for it. Break-em all Jeff