1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What to do with winchester 9410

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by SL900LOADER, Jun 20, 2013.

1. SL900LOADER

SL900LOADER Member

I just acquired a Winchester 9410 lever shotgun, im into it at about $400.00 my cost, it has been fired, but only a few boxes, it has the original box, 24" barrel, fixed choke, not a sinle knick on the wood, and no rust at all on any part.

I dont know what to do with it, Should i save it for a deer gun with slugs?
    Save it...will the value go up? sell it because i just shoot trap/sporting.

I also have a new BT-99 that im not too fond of, i thought maybe i should bundle the two and use the money towards a 725

Im seeing them for as high $1300.00 on gunbroker, (i dont use gunbroker)

2. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

The 9410s bring very good prices although I don't know why. They don't handle like a shotgun so it won't ever be something you would take to the skeet range.

Unless your deer are the size of Jackrabbits, I wouldn't consider it for that application either.

Sell it and put the money towards something you will use.

I would think your best bet is to sell the 9410 separately from the BT99. Get the max price for each one plus the person that wants a trap gun is probably not going to be that interested in a pest shooter.(and visa versa)

3. SL900LOADER

SL900LOADER Member

wolfram/rickn Thanks, sounds like good advise, this makes me feel better about letting it go.

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I wanted one for busting varmints on walkabouts. But it had to have choke tubes. Winchester finally released a version with choke tubes, but at the time my budget went to putting my son through college. As far as any really practical use, it has none. The 5/8 oz slugs are totally outclassed by the 30-30, and the 2.5" .410 shells are not exactly barn burners for hunting. It's basically a toy. I would buy one for $400, put choke tubes in it and play with it. At $1300 there is a raft load of other guns I'd rather own.

5. perezal

perezal Member

Sell it and buy something else.

6. lwr_

lwr_ Member

Put it on Gunbroker.

7. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

It's a boys gun. I would have loved to had one.

8. abigbear

abigbear Member

How much for each one? How about a bundle price?
    Thanks,
    Bruce

9. crusha

crusha TS Member

Ah, the Winchester collectors are convinced these will be the only 410 lever-action shotguns that will ever be produced...and thus, will someday be valuable.

I think they're nuckin' futs.

10. magnumshot

magnumshot Active Member

If I don't use it, I lose it. See what you can get in trade towards the 725. Sometimes a dealer will give better trade value than if he did an outright purchase of your guns. It can sometimes be worth it to trade for less than the value rather than running around trying to sell, then taking the time to ship. Everyone makes out. Good luck

Search tags for this page
winchester 9410
winchester 9410 for trap shooting

winchester 9410 value