1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What to do with trophies

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by awbenz, Aug 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

I often wonder what shooters do with there trophies once they have won a few. I can only guess what Leo and Karla have done with his. Maybe a picture of your trophy room would be of interest. I think RAY has some of his in his hot rod shop. Thinking out loud.. Allen

2. Jack Frost

Jack Frost TS Member

I store mine at my club so that I don't have to dust them.

J.F.

3. zelmo96

zelmo96 Member

Recycle them. Take the name plates off to keep and recycle them. Preferably to a youth event. I have done it and it really helps out. The local community center would love to take them. Al Baker

4. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Ive donated some iron men to the BSA. To be given away.

5. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

The only trophy I ever got was winning a shell holder in D class. I was the only shooter in the D class. Needless to say it's still sitting in the drawer. Lol

6. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Trophy wall is my answer to the question.

7. Nuts

Nuts TS Member

I put them up in my shop...someday the grandkids, (when I have some), ask what is this for, waht is that for? And I'll tell them.

One thing I won't do is complian about winning them.

I recent organziation I belonged too, the state officers decided they had won enough so they discontinued them (leather bags for champs)for the state championship, which of course is the year I won. I don't shoot those registered targets anymore. Thats my choice, didn't like dealing with the self-serving types.

So now I shoot trap, and I'm having a blast.

8. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

I think I recall Harlan Campbell making a comment in a clinic that he rented a metal drop box for his back yard to store his trophies.

9. Kyle Spieles

Kyle Spieles Member

show them off proudly. You worked very hard for them.

10. joannl030

joannl030 Member

Years ago the school district that I lived in had taken out a significant portion of the sports fund; therefore, the coaches were purchasing the student trophies from their own pockets. I gave all of my league trophies to the gym teacher there and they were reused. I kept all of the engraved tags to someday make a scrap book for myself.

When my Mom decided to sell the farm after 43 years of accumulation and 6 years after my Dad passed away, we donated most of my Dad's trophies to the local AIM programs and they were reused. We donated the rest to the NYS HOF trophy room.

Jo Ann

11. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

I donated 100 or so trophies to the local special olympices. They simply alter them for their needs. Worthy cause and a hefty tax deduction.

12. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Once upon a time a talented and generous friend won a L..A..R..G..E.. silver trophy dish which he stores in his camper.

It subsequently became the official "tater bowl" for group feeds at the state shoot and the Grand.

Names withheld to protect the guilty...

sissy : )

13. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Just respectfully decline to accept them and let the organizers decide what they want to do with them. It won't change the fact that you've won and if you want to get rid of the trophy it doesn't mean very much to you anyway.

MK

14. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I once won a Strawberry flavored water hose at Redlands. I used it for a water hose. And yes, if you smelled the water coming out of the hose, it smelled like strawberries. That was about 30 years ago. I hope things have changed at Redlands.

15. JES

JES Member

They have I have won some beautiful trophies from Redlands!

16. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

What I did with mine: Some displayed and used in various rooms in the house, some displayed and used in the camper, each one of my kids has one of my trophies displayed in their house, one of my best friends traded me one of hers for one of mine so that we can celebrate one another's wins, and some have been donated to youth programs. I sold one of my trophies, but kept the embroidered case for memories. The others are all stored.

What Martin did with his: He has a ton of them on a display stand in the living room and a ton on every wall in our house. His most recent ones are in our camper. He has hundreds of them stored in the basement.

17. twotimer

twotimer Member

I have never won a trophy until last year when I found out that anybody can buy them and have whatever they want put on them. Now I have a whole room full of them. Most all of them claiming that I was the world champion in various events including AA fuel drag racing!!! Mike

18. JRW

JRW Member

I have them hanging on the walls, ontop of the fireplace, on the entertaonment center, and the wife bought a curio cabinet for the rest. Jerry

19. ljutic231

ljutic231 TS Member

I divided some of them up and gave them to my Kids, They said what do want us to do with them, I said they are yours do as you please. Gave a large number to the Tyler, Tx gun club after taking the little plates off of them. shell holders, I give to the you people who are just starting to learn to shoot , that way they have some place to hold their shells. Belt Buckles I keep just as a reminder of how much it cost to win them.

20. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

I won a leather 4 box carrier it said"Class D Champion Memorial Day Shoot 2009 Tuscarora Gun Club"..............Left it on the bench on Bank 22 of the GAH.........checked the lost and found,nothing..............only leather I ever won.............Anybody see it? Thanks.
    Smoke em all!
    D.P.Reynolds

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.