1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What To Do With This Scammer?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ctargetchamp98, Jul 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ctargetchamp98

ctargetchamp98 Member

I've got a guy wanting to buy the MG I have listed with Auto Trader. He wants to send me a cashiers check for $6000.00 more than I'm asking for the car, then when I receive the check I send his freind who is going to arrange delivery of the car the $6000.00 to cover expenses. This guys E-Mail is at Yahoo India. Do any of you know of a way to turn the tables on this guy? What authorities anyone could report this to? Thank's
    Tony W.

2. nipper

nipper TS Member

dont waste your time reporting it to anyone,"they" could care less.

bill

3. 100straight

100straight Member

Hit the link above, and by all means............ Have fun!!!

Shoot well and often,

Mark.

4. Juno

Juno TS Member

Get the cashiers check and see if you can cash it. If you can cash it keep all the money and cut off any further communication. Use the money to restore the car.

Juno

5. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

I got something similar from a woman claiming to be a Nubian princes and that she needed my help with arranging to invest 18 million dollars here. I sent her back an e-mail asking for nude pictures and suggesting that the KKK would be happy to invest for her. Haven't gotten any more since boy I hope it wasn't really 18,000,000.00 that I pissed away!LOL
    Joe

6. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

Tony,

There was a thread here some time ago that detailed the trials someone had when they dealt with a scammer. The check they would send you is illegal - either forged or stolen. Don't participate. You won't be able to keep the money. You'll be participating in helping these people try to cash someone else's check, and illegally access their bank accounts.

Danny

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

same thing happened to me, cashiers check no good. Took it to Wells Fargo, they did nothing

8. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Run don't walk away from this deal. IMHO

9. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I occasionally receive those emails telling me that my services as an agent for some far-flung firm are needed and if I just deposit their funds in my bank account and forward a money order to them, I can keep 10% for my services. Just for giggles one day, I played along and received $5,000 in U.S.P.S. money orders by FedEx overnight delivery. Both my bank and the local post office said they were some of the best forgeries they ever saw. The bank branch manager said that if I had just deposited them instead of asking the teller if they were any good, they would have been accepted without hesitation. But, of course, I would have been charged back the full amount when the U.S.P.S. declined to honor them. The guy to whom I was supposed to have sent the funds less my 10% badgered me for weeks with emails demanding "his" money but eventually went away. Perhaps he was an innocent victim who supplied some money up front?

The tip-off to the bank teller with those money orders was their consecutive serial numbers - U.S.P.S. money orders have random serial numbers. Over the years since then, I've received similar emails but when I reply that I'm only interested if the funds are legitimate and will submit them to inspection by law enforcement agencies before depositing them, I never hear back.

Then about six months ago, I replied to an email and told them the same thing. They sent me some money orders drawn on a Maryland credit union via next-day FedEx delivery. I found the credit union's telephone number on their website and called to learn what I already knew. I still have those money orders and have never heard from the sender.

I guess enough people fall for those scams that the scammers can afford to waste some money on FedEx fees and such. They've become boring for me so I just delete them now.

Ed

10. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Tell the sob to pound sand

11. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

You have not only wasted to much of your time already but are now wasting everyone else's as well.

Take the check and send the car ya idiot ... he is offering more than what your asking!

12. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

Forward your e-mails to spam@uce.gov. They are "supposed" to actively go after internet scam spams. AndyH

13. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

At least you didn't get the one where your life was threatened ny a fellow named "Blood-Blood."

He only wanted $8000 to call off the hit he had been "hired" to do on me. What a bargain!

14. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

You might want to check with your local police or local FBI office. They often have a computer type that's assigned to this kind of stuff or will at least tell you it's a lost cause.....Bob Dodd

15. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

If the cashier's check comes from off-shore, it could take a month before you learn it's no good.

Whiz

16. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Juno,

Cashing the cashier's check and spending the money will get YOU in trouble. You'll have to pay it back because somebody will eventually find its bogus.

17. ctargetchamp98

ctargetchamp98 Member

Thank's for all the info everyone. Tony W.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.