1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

what to do with old handguns???

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by motordoctor, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0

motordoctor_2008_0303102.jpg

motordoctor_2008_0303103.jpg

motordoctor_2008_0303104.jpg

[​IMG]

A friend --not sure if we will remain after this deal-- brings this bag over and says what do i do with them. names like kimel, iver johnson,h.r. young, rev 22 supershot. Some I cannot read. He wants to sell them and I am not sure if they have value or what they are worth. Help me please. With all the people here someone knows. Most do not fire at all. Trigger will not pull, cylinder will not rotate and such. Not sure what they all are. Thanks Motordoc

2. Rufus80

Rufus80 TS Member

0   0   0

The top picture with the small stout large bore revolver looks like the ones called bulldogs. The automatic is a Polish Radom. The rest look like turn of the century copies of S&W's. Most in the pics are not worth much.

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Make cool display pieces. I have nunerous old guns that I removed the firing pins from and use as display pieces as they are not safe to shoot anymore. I'd be interested in one or even a few for simple wall displays if you wish to part with 'em. Send me a PM with info and we will work out details if interested.

Matt

4. Montanaken

Montanaken Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Non-functioning guns are often a good source of parts, and I would be interested in these that you have pictured for the parts. Give me a call at 406-939-0098 and we can discuss exactly what you have and talk possible price. Thanks, Ken

5. billyboy07208

billyboy07208 Member

0   0   0

the radom is pr0bably 325. usd

6. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

0   0   0

top photo looks to be a belgium copy of the Webley british bulldog.

if you have a pic of the rear of the cylinder showing the proof mark (probably Leige) you can tell for sure.

It's probably a .442 Bulldog.. huge cylinders,

I paid $75 for mine...

bigmperazzi_2008_030348.jpg

7. Rick (Pa)

Rick (Pa) TS Member

0   0   0

You could turn them in at the police station when they have a gun buy back.

Rick

8. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

0   0   0

The one looks like a H&R target pistol.

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0

I like the gun buy back deal. I have a 20 gauge bolt action with no bolt that can go along.

HM

10. Kerz

Kerz Member

0   0   0

Rick
    Police "buy back" Are you serious?
    Vic
    (ret. police, Unit 321)

11. Rick (Pa)

Rick (Pa) TS Member

0   0   0

Yes I am serious. Every So often the police dept. will buy guns just to destroy them and get them off the streets. Most of the time all they get is junk guns.

Rick

12. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

0   0   0

$50.00 per gun in my city, usally a gift cert. to a supermarket

13. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

0   0   0

Put them in a box and send them to me. I will take them to the next gun turn-in that the idiotic Chicago mayor has. Either $50 or $100 per gun in a gift card. With those I could get a pretty nice new gun.

I'll pay postage.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

14. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0

I want to thank all of you fine people for the offers and information. I had one fellow that I knew from many years back that was a collector. he came over tonight and took everything. It was getting a bit complicated as to which ones needed an ffl transfer and shipping and I thought about the gun buyback thing for this friend and they stopped offering it around here and none of the police departments could answer any questions.. I guess we are still friends now. I think he got a good price for all of it at one sale and again I thank each person that made an offer and wrote a response and hope I did not disappoint anyone. Good shooting Motordoc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.