1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What to do with a dishonest seller

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Jimmyc, Aug 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

0   0   0

What is the proper protocol to deal with a dishonest seller on ts.com?

2. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Return the item for a refund.
    Don

3. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

0   0   0

Lets here your side of the story and after hearing the other side I will tell you my thoughts.
    There is two sides to this wright?

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

You very well may have a case and the other party may well think not but I applaud you for not mentioning names and specifics on here. People tend to get carried away with comments. PM me or anyone on here and discuss in private and they or I will give you an opinion. I believe that most problems are communications issues. I have sold and bought on here with 100% satisfaction. Many times I have gotten the goods before they got the money. Trust is worth a lot to me and most all people.

5. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

"Here come da Judge"

"Here come da Judge"

6. Milkbone

Milkbone TS Member

0   0   0

Yea, just PM everybody with your story.

7. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

0   0   0

If you have something to say, then say it. Tell the story and be prepared to name names if you have to. Often, it's a communication problem, but if you are sure that this seller is dishonest, then let the masses know and give DETAILS. I have rarely had a problem with a seller here on the forum, but you never know.

Your other choice is to keep quiet and deal with it privately.

8. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Jimmyc, you have replies regarding a couple of different posts here regarding guns for sale on ts.com.

Since you started this thread, you have cast doubt on 2 different sellers. It would be best now to get this thing put to bed within a few days as not to cast a shadow on someone who treated you well and you need to post which seller(s) treated you right.

If it was another deal you were working on outside of ts.com, you need to bring that to light immediately so as to clear doubt on the two individuals here.

9. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

0   0   0

The situation has been taken care of. I'll chalk it up to a miscommunication b/t the seller and I. I believe that both these parties are of the highest integrety. I'd like to thank Cubancigar2000 for arbitration and advice.
    Jimmy.

10. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

communication communication communication Is the Key word, I personally am dealing with the original poster ( Jimmyc ) in another completely different transaction that originated on this exact site, on July 29 th 2009 a good friend and I shipped a Browning GTI ( the one that is still listed as Sold here on TS.com ) and as of today the 11 th of August it still has not arrived at His FFl like I said, it was shipped from Pasadena Maryland on 07/29 and has not yet arrived in Parr Texas Yet, We shipped it Thur the US. Postal Service Priority Registered Mail and it seems to have got lost somewhere in between, but now My point is I have been in direct communication with Jimmyc constantly about this matter, I also have been bugging the USPS about this matter and keeping Jimmy filled in on all of the details, latest info was that after 15 days we can file a claim for the insurance on the package for the GTI, but what really pulls My chain is the Post offices takes your good money for the insurance you just have to declare the value, but when you look and read the claim form, now you have to come up with proof of the value of the contents of the package, and what We sold Jimmy is a GTI shotgun that is at least 10-11-or 12 years old ( although in Great shape )and We do not have the original receipts so We have to come up with proof of it's value and intend to do so by producing the reciepts of the tranaction between ourselfs and the buying party, plus I will probaly have to include all of the postings fron TS.com pretaining to this sale.. Ok now the only reason that I am posting this here is because My friend and I are getting complete understanding and consideration from Jimmyc so if He feels that He was somewhat treated unfair in His other tranaction,, I just bet THAT HE WAS !!! so for you out there that may be reading this post ( that just had a tranaction with Jimmyc ) Please look closely at your recient transaction to see if maybe you forgot to include something in your deal with Him. and again communication communication communication Tony

11. WarEagle2017

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

sorry Jimmy we must have been typing at the same time, I am glad that you got this resolved and that you are dealing with a good guy, ( besides Me of course ) LOL LOL

My Buddie Jack alies MIA can vouch for how I get in these matters LOL LOL Jack remember EDDIE LOL LOL

12. WarEagle2017

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I am going to bed and drream about being at the GRAND which I could not attend this year BO HO

13. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Here's a little info on mailing a firearm "priority, registered". My postmaster said it could take up to two weeks for a priority, registered item to arrive.

I asked her this question a couple of months ago while waiting for a gun from CA. It took two weeks. Being registered means that every individual has to sign for the package as it's passed along.

Doug

14. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Kudos to Jimmy C and Tony,,,,communication is the key in all transactions....

15. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

0   0   0

The seller in question was never Tony. It has corrected itself but I want it clear Tony and I have never had any issues.
    Jimmy

16. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

The good doctor (Tony) and I go way back. But he is so Old, I figger he dint remember no morst.

17. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Glad it worked out as I still believe we have honest folks on TS.

18. WarEagle2017

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Thanks Jack ( MIA ) I figured that you would add your WORDS OF WISDOM, as you are the Trap Gun GARU... Jack knows His Chit.... LOL LOL
    And what the GunDR said above is more or less what the Post office told Me, But I have used them exclusively quite a few times in the past 3 years and have never had a delivery take this long, at first they told Me that it had to be sitting in the Texas post office probably because it was delivered and no one was there to sign for it. But I told them that I have check with the FFL recipient and they said that it was never delivered and that the PO. is very slow right now and He expected this... OH well I sit here with My Barrels Crossed hoping that it arrives safely because it really is a nice GTI and I'd hate to see it end up on the streets of Baltimore, there are too many illegal guns there right now. Tony

19. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0

Nice to know about the "value" snafu.

Kind of stinks to pay the amount required for a dollar value and then still have to prove it.

i think I want to chase this with the local USPS guys..

HM

20. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

I can vouch for Tony and his GTI...he's a good egg..if you don't believe me, just have him take off his hat!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.