1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What to do when You can't shoot?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bruce Specht, Apr 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Had shoulder surgery 12th of December Dr says no lifiting for at least another month. I teach High School and worked a Track and Field event on Saturday, got a wif of gun powder form the starters pistol. Sunday I went to my local Trap Club and hug out and watched is that wrong? I really couldn't help it I just had to go and at least watch and say hello to some friends. What do you do when you can't shoot for an extended time?

2. nipper

nipper TS Member

That sounds good to me,also how about ragging the other shoooters as you watch.

Bill

3. Bruce Specht

I rag my friends but you really don't know the new shooters. You can only shoot if your a full member, shooting member, or a guest of a full member so not a lot of new shooters to work with.

4. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

what kind of surgery. whatever kind be careful you don't want to make it worse. i had shoulder surgery 11 years ago and it still bothers me sometimes. score at the club. shoot the breeze. just get out of the house. jackmitch
    ps. seems like a long recovery.

5. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Drink whiskey & chase women........

6. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Right now I am digging fence posts!

49 out of 252 in the ground!

Ronbo

7. leadspreader

leadspreader TS Member

reload!!!!!!!

8. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Find yourself a good personal trainer with a degree in physical therapy and leave the shoulder problems behind you. Had a bad shoulder for 25 years so I know of which I speak. It wasn't cheap but it worked for me. took about 8 months for the shoulder to be 98 per cent plus. Good Luck, Bill

9. Bruce Specht

Thanks for the response, jackmitch to answer your question, I had a replacement revison. This was my fifth surgery on the same shoulder. The glenoid (socket) part of my replacement done 12 years ago loosened as the cement broke down. The gelenoid was moving and enlarging the holes in the shoulder blade. Another 4 hr plus surgery can't believe it first surgery was 40 years ago.

10. phirel

phirel TS Member

You can cut the grass a day before each shoot. Sweep the club house floor, but trophies, set targets, score a field, help with cashiering, work shoot offs, clean up the fields after a shoot, print and mail the program for the next shoot and help clean and repair the traps. Someone else has been doing these jobs for you for many years and if you can't shoot for a while, maybe it is time to help out others as they have helped you.

Pat Ireland

11. rjdden

rjdden TS Member

Yup!! To what P.I. Just said. Can't sweep but do a lot of teaching and picking up around the club house After a shoo! Rich.(inPeoria,A.Z.)

12. Bruce Specht

All great ideas and in another month when I'm allowed to lift my arm I'll go try doing some of the work around the club.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.