1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What to do when wheelweights are gone????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by GoldEx, Dec 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Just a thought of what home shotmakers plan on doing once the readily available supply of scrap lead wheelweights dries up in the next year or two. With all of the manufacturers going the route of zinc alloy weights, what are we to do for a supply of good hard lead? Like I said, just a thought.

Jeff

2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Well only the new manufactures are going to zinc. Was told by our tire supply guy private garages will still be able to buy standard wheel weights until 2012. Thats what we were told??? Even with lead as high as it is, the price for the New wheel weights are more$$ than the lead ones right now from our supply house.

3. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Scrap yards will always have lead. You may have to alloy your own, but lead will be available.

4. grammie

grammie TS Member

The question that should be asked------"what are you going to use when lead is outlawed for use in shotshells"!!!! You gentlemen do know thats coming,,don't you????

AKA Grammie...........

5. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Damn Grammie. You are probably right again. Jake

6. oz

oz Active Member

the price of lead is coming down. down 50 cents in 2 months. oz

7. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Several clubs in our area have gone steel only.

8. rjdden

rjdden TS Member

Yea! I'm looking the same direction. Steal will be the load of rule comming in the near future. But, I'm still going to make my own shot for now. Rich.(inPeoria,A.Z.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.