1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What to do about PIRATES

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Jim Porter, Apr 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

Had a small club shoot this weekend and a far smarter person that I had what I thought to be a pretty good idea. We were discussing the bad situation and said do you guys remember the NEUTRON BOMB? The one that dosn't destroy buildings and other structures. You don't hear much about it anymore but it looks like a very good place to use one.

I agree.

I give thanks for the Captain and his family and the Navy men willing to risk their lives to save others to make this a very HAPPY EASTER!!

2. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

OFF wit dey heads!!!!

3. atashooter

atashooter Member

Chalk one up to the SEALS... Great job Navy...Now this is how you deal with that crap.

4. Michael Jobe

Michael Jobe TS Member

Put four or six guys on the freighters whose sole purpose is manning .50 cal machine guns and hosing anyone that comes near the ship in international waters. Amazing that this BS is put up with. If I owned one of those ships, it would be armed.

~Michael

5. jhoward

jhoward Member

The neutron bomb? You're kidding right? They killed by radiation instead of a big boom, which means you'd contaminate huge amounts of water using one in that capacity. Water which will eventually flow throughout every ocean in the world. Not to mention ruining the fishing in the region, for decades, which is the only legitimate way to make a living there.

6. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

I think the situation is much like the plane hi-jacking wave that occurred in the 70s. For a while, there was an increasing number of plane hi-jackings as we, and other nations negotiated, paid ransoms, etc. Finally, led by the u.S. most countries adopted the policy of no negotiations, no ransoms, etc. In fact, U.S policy became simply that we would shoot down a hi-jacked plane rather than let it fly off to some other country, etc. That, along with sky marshals, pretty much ended the wave of hi-jackings. Shipping nations simply need to adopt a similar policy of no negotiations, no ransoms, etc and simply attack any and all pirates when it occurs, killing all pirates and freeing any ship immediately. There may, of course, be some initial hostage losses, but piracy will quickly end when the pirates realize they have nothing to gain and their lives to lose if they commit piracy. In the long run, it will save more lives than it costs. Swift and violent action is the only language pirates and terrorists understand and respect.

Jim R

7. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

JimR
    You got it right.

No negotiations; not one penny in tribute (remember Teddy Roosevelt and the Razouli)!

Use force to quickly put down piracy.

Finally, Let no nation harbor such evil.

It worked then, and it will work now.

Dave S

8. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I know Pittsburgh has a horrible baseball team, but to nuke em for that??

Guys you are taking your sports entirely too serious.

9. GrubbyJack

GrubbyJack Member

I vote Neutron bomb...it's just a GAINT X-RAY machine...

Also called ENHANCED RADIATION WARHEAD, specialized type of small thermonuclear weapon that produces minimal blast and heat but which releases large amounts of lethal radiation. The neutron bomb delivers blast and heat effects that are confined to an area of only a few hundred yards in radius. But within a somewhat larger area it throws off a massive wave of neutron and gamma radiation, which can penetrate armor or several feet of earth. This radiation is extremely destructive to living tissue. Because of its short-range destructiveness and the absence of long-range effect, the neutron bomb would be highly effective against tank and infantry formations on the battlefield but would not endanger cities or other population centers only a few miles away.

Sounds like it was made to order for the Southwest Asia Wars...

10. GrubbyJack

GrubbyJack Member

make that GIANT....a thousand apologies........

11. skeet100

skeet100 Member

I am not versed on war but I know if your enemy fears you it is less likely they will screw with you. Now how do you make them fear you, well you got to kick some ass first and kick it hard enough they run the other way when they see the American flag.

But I bet it is going to be scary for the hard working men and women traveling past this area in the days ahead knowing we are not going to kick their ass and knowing they are sitting ducks. I am not to proud to say it would scare me.

One more: When the first thing out of your enemy's mouth is retaliation you have not done your job. When the first thing out of your enemy's mouth is sorrow for screwing with you then your job was done correctly.

But I am no ass-kissing politician either.

12. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Uhhhh...well guess what...times not so long ago were very "cut-throat" when it came to the law of the sea, which was still a very unfriendly place 60 to 70 odd years ago...your choices were cut and run or stand and fight...and the term Merchant Marine was a very accurate description of a commercially employed and government trained agent of the ocean ready and able to protect the worlds trans-oceanic commerce life-lines...up until WWII ships routinely had an ordnance locker and a Sergeant of Arms ready to leap into action if they came under criminal attack...in others words they were very armed and competant to perform the duty of fighting off anything that tried to hijack the ship and goods that they signed on to protect and deliver....just Re-Arm the ships...mount some damned deck guns and rocket launchers and be ready with a few crates of AK's or AR's...and put the "Marine" back in Merchant Marine...problem solved

13. Michael Jobe

Michael Jobe TS Member

High seas = wild west. Just shoot the bastards. A few pirate ships don't come back, or come back shot full of holes, that will put an end to this monkey business.

~Michael

14. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I agree Mike...a good pair of binoculars can tell you at 1000yds if a crew of sand jockeys in a big rowboat look up to no good...fire one across their bow..if they don't turn around in 15seconds...use a good 50 cal to cut them in half then take bets on which half sinks first and how big the first shark was that showed up for the banquet

15. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

An easy solution.....

For every ship pirated, a Somali town disappears in a cloud of smoke the same day. Won't take long for this BS to cease.

JMHO

Jim C

16. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Flamethrower works for me. And apply it to terrorist too.

17. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

I think I read somewhere that certain countries will not allow arms aboard merchant ships that dock in their countries. Hmm what do those same countries have to say about armed sky marshalls that land in those countries. Pretty much the same thing. Also why would some one tell on themselves if there were arms on board a merchant ship. Bill

18. Tbonz411

Tbonz411 TS Member

They need to take a couple cargo containers on each side of the ship and install a 40mm bofor gun inside. Rig it with side panels that drop down when needed. Blow their worthless ##@ out of the water!!! Then rake the POS survivors with twin 50's!!!!!

19. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

"Shark Bait" ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

20. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

A friend of mine was on a sub and told me Hydrogen bomb kills every living thing and hours later you can go in and set up shop there-no lasting effects.

They carry them on subs and can fire them from under water 250 miles off coast and never be seen.

my 2 cents

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.