Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What to do about a mec 9000

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Hauxfan 
#1 ·
I am tossing a couple ideas around here. Fist what do you think is the better choice, hydrolic or the auto mate? second can i convert my 9000g over to hydrolic? what is a good price for a mec 9000h? should i just sell my 9000g out right and buy the 9000h, or should i just buy an auto mate? I dont know what the heck to do. I played with an 9000h the other day and man was it sweet!!! any free advise out there. thanks Lee

#2 ·
I love my 9000 Hydraulic and have nearly nothing to wish for with it. However, those that have the automate are really happy with that set up, especially if it's in the house where the noise of the hydraulic pump just might annoy your room mates; mine's in the garage. I'm not sure which direction would be the least expense but that might be something you should factor in....Bob Dodd

#3 ·
the mec 9000h is a great loader. I have seen the auto mate in action and seeks to work very well too. what was sadi above about location is the thing. both are about the same in price from mec. The 9000e (automate) is a little over 1000 bucks from mec. I have done some pricing and I think the cheapest I found was connie components. what ever you decide you will be happy with.

#4 ·
I have both but have not set up the automate yet to really know which is best, but do know my hydraulic kicks ass in 12 gauge, but if I already had the 9000 gn I would just opt for the automate, you can find more of them on hand used if you want to shoot the sub gauges and its pretty simple to swap one reloader for another. I currently use hydraulic for 12 ga and automate for 20,28 and 410.

#5 ·
I have never owned the hydraulic Mec, but I do have an AutoMate hooked up to a Mec 9000GN and it is the "cat's meow".

I went with the AutoMate because I reload in one of my bedrooms and I never have to worry about a hydraulic leak.

It's quiet.............meaning I can listen to music as I reload.

It's fast........maybe not as fast as a hydraulic.......but close. I can load about 175 shells in around........12-15 minutes.

Have never had a moments trouble from the AutoMate........well, unless it was operator error.............which can be avoided.

Hauxfan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.