1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

? What to Buy Wife for Christmas ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Ed Y, Dec 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Still can't think of a gift to buy my wife for Christmas. She's got all the jewelry that she wants. We're going to a Christmas show and dinner but I'd like to get her an unusual, unexpected gift. Her main hobby is quilting but she's got all the machines and gadgets for that. She's a great wife so I think that she deserves a great gift (other than me). Any suggestions for me or other readers?

Ed Yanchok

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Get her another shotgun- make it an engraved one- so you can enjoy it together.

Gene

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Maybe more to the point both reality wise and survival wise

What about a trip? A cruise?

Gene

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Along with that new shotgun, ten cases of new shells. Then the family that shoots together, stays together.

5. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

well you can always get her that NEW trap gun you have always wanted to see in your safe!

She might even let you shoot a little bit, just to make sure it is what she really wanted!

But on the more serious side, pictures of family and friends, momentos of things you have done together, somthing artsy, that matches one of her most favorite projects, ie.. one that she can't bear to part with.

AL

Recently I have seen some really nice hand made glass art, if you can not find something to match a pattern, some of these artests may be able to make something, from the marbles for the antique lamps, to pendents and bracelets,
    to sculpture

6. lumper

lumper TS Member

Might I suggest a beautiful stock blank from Gordon at http://www.oldtreegunblanks.com ... ya can never go wrong with giving a great piece of wood for Christmas.

On a serious note ... if she already has almost everything have you thought about a nice Day Spa type of package where she can be pampered all day long with everything from a petycure, body wrap and massage, mantacure, facial and possibly even a style job to her hair. What women doesn't mind being pampered all day long while your our shooting? Heck if you really want to score some points with her have her picked up in a limo and brought back home in a limo ... that should get you enough brownie points to be able to shoot almost anytime you desire.

7. K-80 GUY

K-80 GUY TS Member

ED,

Lumper finally got it right. You can't go wrong with that. Gene has a good idea also.

Jon.

8. nicky

nicky Member

Ed , My wife is also into quilting and yes she has everything you could think of also so what I did was, I went on line and printed out the program of the American Quilters Society show that is at Paducah, Kentucky in April, the 23rd. thru the 26th., with a card. That way she can pick and choose what class's, seminar's, lecture's and so on that she has an interest in.

Kevin

9. Roger IL

Roger IL TS Member

Buy her a good book!!!!!!!.....Roger

10. Finprof

Finprof TS Member

A wife who has all the jewelry she wants is as rare as a husband who has all the guns he wants.

Going to the quilting conference in Paducah with her looks like a good idea, though. You will probably have to go with her.

11. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

A new gun!

12. lumper

lumper TS Member

Oh yeah ... a trip to a big show of her choice might be a great idea and you could always accompany her and shoot at all the local ranges. I wonder how many ranges are around Paducah Kentucky?

13. Questor

Questor TS Member

My wife likes time and comfort. Consider a weekend getaway. Nothing fancy, just a trip away from home to a hotel with a pool and a sauna perhaps. A nice soft wintry sweater or polar fleece pullover might be nice. My wife likes high quality synthetic athletic socks by SmartWool or a similar company because they're comfy around the house.

14. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

Ed:

The quilt show put on by the American Quilters Society is the quilt show for quilters to attend. Used to take my mother and her friends from the church quilting group in Nashville, TN up to Paducah for the show. There is also the AQS museum and other quilt displays around town (the mall out by the interstate, etc.). The original Hancock's Fabric store is in Paducah and they bring in truckloads of batting and other items that they have on sale. Vendor's from all over the country come in to set up at the AQS show. I can't believe I know this much about quilting but I was blessed with great parents and now with a wonderful wife.

There are also Gander Mountain, Dunn's Sporting Goods and Paducah Shooting Supply stores in town.

Haywood

15. nicky

nicky Member

Hey !!!!!!!!!!! , I see something building here. We can all meet in Paducah and the wifes can go quilting and we will go shooting, to Gander Mt., Dunn's. So if anyone has the ATA schedule let us know.

16. leadvail

leadvail Member

Iam buying mine a perazzi MX 10 rs so she can start shooting doubles.Bob

17. Justin L.

Justin L. Member

Ed,

If you like the spa suggestion, I work at a 4-star resort in SW PA called Nemacolin Woodlands. They have one of the best spas around (from what I hear) and they have an amazing sporting clays range (that's where I work) for you to go shoot at while she's at the spa. Lots of other things to do, too, from fly fishing to off road driving, golf, shops, you name it, it's probably there! Our buddy Earl wants to make it there sometime soon to shoot, too, so you guys could hook up and shoot together, too. Just a thought.

18. lumper

lumper TS Member

Nemacolin ... I remember when Maggie ran that place before Joe brought her over to sit in the seat and do what he tells her to do. I'll never forget the internal word that went out from her pappy ... I'll be nice and not mention exactly what he said but it wasn't flattering for a father to speak that way but I must say ... Nemencolin did do a nice turnaround under Maggie.

19. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Maybe a oneway airline ticket?

20. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

take her to cabelas. go shopping with her in the store she will point out lots of nice stuff she would like then mention while we are here let,s go into the gun library you can drop hints what you would like for christmas merry christmas to all dwain

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.