1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What the value of a Ranger 5000?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Oct 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I came across a 20 ga Hunter 5000 made by the same company that made L.C. Smith shotguns. I know absolutely nothing about them but it seems to be really well made and in pretty good shape, (I'll try to post a picture later.) and kinda liked it even though it's a double trigger. I don't have any book with the value of this gun and don't want to get hurt but I want it. They had no actual price on it but was told they wanted at least $600.00. Help. Jackie B.
    [​IMG]

2. Shooting Jack

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I think you guys have some wires crossed.

Doing a couple minutes reseach on google, the Ranger 5000 is simply a rebranded Savage/Stevens 311, and has nothing to do with Hunter Arms or LC Smith.

Blue Book lists the 311 @ $330 for a 20ga if NIB ($275 + 20% premium for 20ga). Certainly NOT a $600 gun.

4. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Copper, That's not a side plate gun. :)

5. Shooting Jack

No it does not have Hunter Arms stamped on it but to differintiate from the Stevens guns one site stated that they are not marked Hunter Arms but the two screw trigger guard would indicate Hunter as the Steven's are welded. Jackie B.

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

It's a Stevens/Savage rebrand. Used to trade for a lot of them marked that way. $300. may be a bit light but not $600. Trigger guard is correct for a 311.

7. Mapper

Mapper Member

Hunter Arms(L C Smith) made a couple of box locks, but this ain't them. I don't recall any Hunter Arms gun called a 5000. I too vote for Stevens.

8. Shooting Jack

Bill Grill, I hadn't posted the picture when Copper mentioned about the side plates in his defense.

For some reason I still like the gun and now loaded with the information you've supplied I will make them aware and make an offer. Thanks for everyones help. Jackie B.

9. Shooting Jack

Well the gun will not fire the left barrel due to light strikes. After I showed all the information you helped me with I ended up pruchasing the gun for $150.00 so now all I have to figure out is how to fix the left barrel. Jackie B.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ranger 5000 shotgun