1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What the ---- is going on in Boston

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by darr, Apr 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darr

darr Well-Known Member

How is it possible that this terrorist has escaped?Maybe if they had 3 or 4 more SWAT trucks they could have stopped them.One 19 year old kid against the Boston Police Dept,FBI,ATF and God knows who else.Mean while there is a dead cop.That dead cops boss should fired.

Darr

2. SBray

SBray Active Member

Darr,

If you had ever worked in law enforcement, on the streets, you would not be asking such a question, or second guessing those that are out there risking their lives!

Steve

3. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

"Mean while there is a dead cop.That dead cops boss should fired."

Why what did his supervisor do wrong?????

Bob Lawless

4. Michael.B

Michael.B Member

http://m.comedycentral.com/colbertnation_video.rbml?id=intro---4-16-13

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I'm sure darr is on his way to Boston to show 'em how its done. He's got it all figured out.

6. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

Looking at a lot of pictures by the press of law enforcement personnel combing the streets of Boston, holding what they would call "Assault Weapons" if they were held by civilians. In the captions, nobody in the press described them as such, but rather lumped them into what they called "tactical gear". So I guess, to the press, if the police held an AR-15, it's a tactical rifle. If you or I held it, it's an assault weapon. Goes to show you the duplicity of the press.

7. 100straight

100straight Member

The ones the cops and military use have a "full-auto" and "burst" setting that the civilian versions do not. That's why civilian versions are NOT assault weapons. They are simply sporting rifles.

Mark

8. Chichay

I understand the difference. Also very hard to tell just from the pictures whether they are assault rifles or "assault weapons" (as used by the press).My point is in the labelling. If the press wants to portray it in an unfavorable light, they call it "assault weapon"; otherwise, it's tactical gear, tactical rifle, service rifle, or just plain rifle. Chichay

9. ntgr8

ntgr8 Member

All the AR's I saw on TV had really big Mags.

10. Claydotter

Claydotter Active Member

Gotta love these Armchair Quarterbacks.

Regards , Pete

11. Chichay

Fox News just reported 2nd suspect in custody.

12. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

Where were the blood hounds. If in fact this kid was on foot, should have been a breeze. Not suggesting the dog is to be put in harms way but to track em to get an idea of his where abouts.
    I have seen dogs do amazing things.

13. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Oh, my, at last the Fearless Leader is going to come on and tell how his guidance and expertise caught the suspect.

I can hardly wait.

HM

14. mx2k33

mx2k33 Well-Known Member

It's now clear why the Dept. of Homeland Security needs a billion rounds of ammo.

15. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

They got the both of them, the one that escaped driving over his brother then abandoning the HONDA fled on foot, only to be found bleeding in a BOAT covered up. discovered and called 911.

THEY GOT HIM

THEY GOT HIM

THEY GOT HIM

i HOPE YOU NOTICED THEY GOT HIM ALIVE.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot THEY GOT HIM

16. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

Knowing Massa-two-shits they'll,probably elect this POS to Congress or Senate.....or O'Douchbag will have him over for a beer.....just sayin'.

I'm waiting for the "it's Bushes fault" to start from the MSM.

Jim C

17. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

I don't know that I feel completely comfortable that MIRANDA was not given... in the context that the Mayor stated everyone was safe with the capture of the terrorist that was holed up in the boat. Where was the imminent public threat when everyone was celebrating his capture?

<!DOCTYPE html>
    <html>
    <body>

Interesting view on the FBI and PUBLIC SAFETY EXCEPTION

</body>
    </html>

I could see a scenario where a potential scenario where law enforcement are lawfully present on a property for example a document search warrant. Let's pretend that the feds have been investigating a trap shooter for tax fraud. They execute a search warrant and find pounds of gun powder, tons of shrapnel/ lead shot, a couple assault rifles with high capacity clips... and other weapons.

Now of course we know the proper terminology in the above scenario, but those are the descriptive terms that the press will use when describing why the FBI was called in to interrogate the trap shooter. The press will explain why the trap shooter/ alleged tax cheat was not given Miranda warnings and was denied access to an attorney. It is a slippery slope IMO...

18. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Bombs! I am not so sure this kid was even coherent when they found him. I think the blasts that where going off, after they found him, was the bomb squad setting blasting caps to make sure there were no bombs around, or on him. He would have had a hard time hearing them anyway.

19. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

I find it odd that these two xxxholes could set a bag down in a crowd, walk away and nobody noticed the abandoned bag. I guess people were too wrapped up in the race.

20. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

One of the earlier TV reports told of the Police using "High Powered Rifles". No mention of Assault Weapons. Larry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.