1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

what the hell is wobble trap!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JONNY D, Nov 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JONNY D

JONNY D TS Member

ok ok i though id shot everthing there was to shoot in clay targets!! ive been shooting for nearly 40 years and shot every thing from trench to zz but wobble trap?? if its fun i want to shoot it here in ozz!! any one help with info i on this event???

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Wobble is a poor mans bunker.

3. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

Wobble trap is the same as regular trap except that, in addition to the usual random horizontal variation in angle encountered each time a target is thrown in regular trap, the altitude or vertical angle of the target also varies randomly each time a target is thrown. The randomness of the vertical variation is very similar to the horizontal variation in regular trap. The result is that some targets are very high and some quite low (and some appear perfectly normal). The low targets are especially hard to hit, mostly because it's hard to pick them up as they leave the trap house and partially because they don't stay up very long.

4. Maytag

Maytag TS Member

AS TedK said, the trap is not only moving back and forth, but up and down at the same time. Therefore targets can appear anywhere from inches off of the ground to almost straight up and anywhere in between. The trap is also usually set for a much faster target speed.

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Also the targets are faster and the angles sharper. HMB

6. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

or its regular ATA targets but you violate ATA rules and have one too many brews before you go out and shoot.

7. JONNY D

JONNY D TS Member

ok now ive got it we call it continental here in ozz, good event to shoot and we shoot a fare bit of it posted a few 100/100s at it its more fun than double barrel which is our main fare here in ozz, i though someone had invented a trap or target that wobbled as it was thrown!!! just a thought.

8. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

The angles are the same as regular trap unless you put it in the 3 hole position and yes , it can be sped up for a longer flight . Thats is what we do but we thought we would have more request for it when we purchased our second GMV. Next we will make new stations -- using Stations 1-3 5 plus a left and right off the side the same distance as 1-3 or 3-5 which will make a harder presentation .

9. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Ljutic111, We use the 4 or 5 hole with a lot of extra spring. We also built some shooting stands or platforms 30" high to match the height of the trap house. That gives you a surprisingly different view of the target to shoot at.Especially the flat hard angled target. As you've seen,I also am surprised that it doesn't generate more interest. It does require a very quick second shot if needed. Shoot often while we can, Bob

10. spritc

spritc Active Member

We've been known to crank them up to 60 mph and shoot them from the 25 yard line. This game was not made for high shooting guns, but it is a lot of fun.

11. Jerseyshooter

Jerseyshooter TS Member

The wobble trap....she is Satan's mistress lads......she leaves you breathless, confused, unsatisfied and spent (literally, 2 rounds per shot). But she is addictive, seductive....a true siren's song.

12. tiptoncotrap

tiptoncotrap Member

Warning, wobble doubles protection should not be shot by anyone with a pulmonary condition.It may be more fun than your heart can stand!Hector

13. dhwbailey

dhwbailey Member

We shoot wobble from skeet stations. 4@1, 4@2, 2@3, 2@4, 2@5, 4@6, 4@7 and 3@8.

To make it even more interesting, we put a sporting trap beside the trap house to throw pairs. This time it's report and true pairs from 1 and 2, reports from 3,4,5, reports and true from 6 and 7, and a single and true pair from 8. The single is trapper's choice. What a blast.

Makes it far more interesting than boring old trap.

14. Hatshooter

Hatshooter TS Member

Like MIA said, it's simulated poor man's bunker. The funny thing about it around here is, alot of ata shooters , skeeters, & the sporting clay guys are saying that they would rather shoot a hard wobble machine than anything.

15. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

Our little club doesn't throw wobble targets, sadly. I really miss it.

Has anybody shot a wobble "slider?" You start from the 19 on the first shot, move back to the 21 for the second shot, then the 23, 25, and 27. When you change stations, you move over to the 27 for your sixth shot, then forward to the 25, 23, 21, and 19. Change again and move back, change again and move forward, and so on. It is really a kick in the pants. I shot this at the Lake Havasu City Gun Club in AZ and really enjoyed it. Walked off the line with a big fat smile on my face.

This is shot without voice release due to all the moving around, and the shooters move back or forward right after their own shot so that they're always in line with the next shooter for safety purposes.

Jennifer

16. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

It is addictive and some of the most fun shooting I have ever done. It is as close to true birds on rise as anything I have shot machanically.

17. the old guy

the old guy TS Member

Any of you who are shooting wobble trap from a correctly installed machine, i.e the trap house roof is flush with the ground and the trap is throwing 75 yard tagets 45 degrees left and right at varying elevations, should find your nearest bunker and go for the real thing.
    Paul Bobby

18. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

It will make you cry and make you eat crow. LOL

19. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

We shoot a fair bit of that around here. We only shoot 24 gram loads though. 2 shots per target. Turn the machine up until it breaks the target, then back it off a little. Field perimeters are then set to be straight aways from post 1 and 5.

It's about a days drive, in any direction, for me to shoot Bunker. Wobble will have to do for now.

ss

20. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

Real men shoot wobble with ONE shot, not two.

Move on up to the 12 yard line and see if you can break'emall with one shot.

Last time I checked nobody has run them all at 12 yards (called 3/4 wobble).

Wobble is fun and a pretty good challenge but pales in comparison to bunker. Still, beggars can't be choosers and if wobble is all you have then ENJOY - more than a few talented youngsters got their internatonal careers started shooting wobble trap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
is wobble trap hard
what is a wobble trap
what is wobble in trap
what is wobble trap

what is wobble trap shooting