1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What the heck is pc coming to?????

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by ntgr8, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ntgr8

ntgr8 Member

Whats with this PC bull?? The other day a woman was robbed is a mall parking lot. The 6:00 pm news warned other shoppers to be wary. A description of the perp included height, weight, color of clothes, etc. The nest day the police caught the suspect and he was black as the ace of spades. The description on the earlier newscast made no mention that the perp was black. Seems that skin color would narrow the search by about 85%. Are we to assume that if they don't say he is white then he is black??? What a bunch of B as in B and S as in S.

2. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Welcome to the new America. We Baby Boomers sure ruined a great country in record time, didn't we?

-Gary

3. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

If they are black there is no mention of color. If they are white they usually show the perp on tv. Bulge.

4. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

And it riles me they dont say "Black" when they do say it, it always comes out "African American" and they have never been to Africa. My friend Bruce is from South Africa, is white and proudly calls himself, "A True African American"

Oscar

5. ctreay

ctreay Member

Not only that but then there the damn commercials. A family of seven is checking out there new eight passenger van, and yep there is a token preteen person of color there in the back seat,just part of the family, every commercial has to have one. A local dept store has a black manniken beside every white one. I was never a racist but sometimes I could puke.

ctreay

6. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Can't we all just get along?

7. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

"Can't we all just get along?"

Not gonna happen!!!

GneJ

8. 2500 HD

2500 HD Active Member

Bring back "All in the Family" Archie Bunker will set you straight!!!!

9. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Here in my town a lady was going to the bank and parked near the door. She opened the door and before she could get out and a BLACK guy was in her face with a handgun demanding her money. He got it and ran off. He has not been caught as of this time. The news here did say he was black.

10. lots of 24's

lots of 24's Member

We had a crime around here years ago in a college town, several eye witnesses described the perp as a black man. The college was sued, and lost, because they gave the local police a list of all black students. In a community where blacks make up maybe 1 per cent of the population, it would seem to me that if I am a cop, and I need to find a suspect, if I can eliminate 99 per cent of the population.......its only good police work to ask for that information.

Well the ACLU said the cops were wrong to ask, the school was wrong to provide that information. Cost the college a lot of money.

Unbelievable.

11. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

How about saying; A person of variable skin tones which leans toward the darker end of the color spectrum? Very PC.

12. ctreay

ctreay Member

The Gerber(?)insurance commerical, black guy and a white guy looking in the viewing window at the hospital baby ward. Two babys there, one white one black, black guy says "which one is yours", I could puke.

ctreay

13. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

J.P. Patches had a kid's show on TV for 53 years in Seattle. He was portrayed as "Mayor" of the city dump and well loved.

On his recent retirement he was awarded a plaque mentioning the city dump. The Seattle Municipal Trash Collectors complained and they had to remove reference to city dump. PC at it's finest.

14. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

Being a Northerner I can't figure it out either. But this is what I have derived; blacks that have been here since the Country was founded are Blacks our neighbors, co workers, friends and the new Black immigrants from Africa are now African Americans. Most of the Black Americans are now surburban and country dwellers and the African Americans are mostly foreign language speaking city dwellers. This is not scientific but just a personal observation.
    Hence (black) Americans and African Americans? Also applies to other nationalities as well.
    Maybe someone else can clarify this glitch?

Likewise, people who immigrated from France a hundred years ago; are they French Americans or just Americans if they have no ties to the old country. And the French who are coming here today, are they French American because they have ties to the old country?

15. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

If I have to address the blacks as Black African Americans they have to address me as English, Irish, Italian, German, Scottish White American.

Being the fact I was BORN here in America it should be white American. Being that they were born here in America they should be addressed as Black American's.

16. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Well-Known Member

Well, maybe some of you fellows can answer these questions.....

If an "African-American" moves to Africa, do they become an "African-African", an "African-American-African", or just an "African"?

If an anglo-American moves to Africa, does he/she become an "American-African"?

Is a white South African who moves to the U.S. an "African-American"?

If an "Asian-American" moves to Africa, do they become a ............. Aw, nevermind.

"The world has gone mad and it's trying to take me with it." - Mike Durhan

17. Hank55

Hank55 Member

This is just the beginning of it guys!! If Barry-O gets in for another 4 years, the whole "complextion" of the words "Political Correct" will have a whole new meaning for most of us.

18. ctreay

ctreay Member

Most of us on here have done our duty, some for 2 yrs,some for 30. We ALL have to do our duty again and VOTE!

ctreay

19. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

True story: When I went to school in the fifties the teacher asked my classmates one by one what their nationality was. When it came my turn I was the only kid in the class to say American. The teacher got all bent out of shape and scolded me in the classroom. I went home and told my mom who said, "some of your ancestors came fom Europe". The next day the teacher apologized to me and said "I apologize, I should have asked what your ancestory was".

20. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Mike, if an African-American moves to Africa, they are an American-African.

If a Kenyan-African moves to America, they become the President.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.