1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What the hay-al is going on in N.Carolina?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Brian in Oregon, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    <a href="http://johnjacobh.wordpress.com/2011/08/31/has-nc-governor-committed-an-impeachable-offense/">North Carolina governor suspends Second Amendment - Impeachment called for.<a/>

2. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

This is what you get when even our leaders have no clue on the laws of our country,,,,guess that is WHY Michelle Bachmann needed all the freshmen congressmen and senators READ the COTUS when they were sworn in....

3. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Like water dripping on a rock, our gun rights will be eroded one molecule at a time: Anti-gun undertones put forth in schools and in the media; Legal skirmishes by left-wing politicians and LEOs; Driving up of ammunition costs; Liability suits to drive up the cost of manufacturing, importing and selling firearms and ammo; ATF harrassment of legitimate dealers.

Guard the backdoor, because that's how they'll mainly be coming.

-Gary

4. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

Now before you all try to "kill the messenger", I think our Gov. Bev is border line incompetent. When I read this, I thought, "why have I not heard about this suspension of our 2nd Amend? Dove season opened and we are still carrying our concealed weapons.

"It does not trigger the limitations on weapons in G.S. § 14-288.7 or impose any limitation on the consumption, transportation, sale or purchase of alcoholic beverages." ( This a quote from the Exc. Order)

§ 14-288.7. Transporting dangerous weapon or substance during emergency; possessing off premises; exceptions.

(a) Except as otherwise provided in this section, it is unlawful for any person to transport or possess off his own premises any dangerous weapon or substance in any area:

(1) In which a declared state of emergency exists; or

(2) Within the immediate vicinity of which a riot is occurring.

(b) This section does not apply to persons exempted from the provisions of G.S. 14-269 with respect to any activities lawfully engaged in while carrying out their duties.

(c) Any person who violates any provision of this section is guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor. (1969, c. 869, s. 1; 1993, c. 539, s. 192; 1994, Ex. Sess., c. 24, s. 14(c).)

5. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

"What the hay-al is going on in N.Carolina?" Good question. What is going on? You sure can't tell what's going on from the link.

6. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

It appears the executive order does not impose the provisions of § 14-288.7 above. It was issued under Chapter 166A. If you read that chapter, it automatically opens § 14-288.12 through 14, which ALLOWS local governments to limit guns and alcohol.

See Section 7 of the executive order. When an executive order specifically says "It does not trigger the limitations on weapons in G.S. § 14-288.7...", I find it hard to believe any charges relating to carrying a weapon would stand a challenge.

Danny

7. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Screw all the legal speak, chapter references, section and verse resitations. ANY government electee, representative or agent who attempts or supports ANY effort to curb, limit, or othewise alter your 2nd Amendment rights should be immediately recalled, impeached or replaced period.

Her "blanket order" cancellation of dove season last year should send the message to guns owners to get out and make sure "she's out" in the next election. After she identified the laws she would and would not enforce in NC it pretty much aligns her ideology with the Obama administration. We need another one of these idiots in office like we need another tornado in a trailer park.

Enough is enough.

The gun lobby needs to take to the streets and protest long and loud like Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and the entitlement crowds do when they're threatened
    with having their "gubamint" checks cut off.

8. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

Actually, if one would take the time to examine the record, Governor Perdue went to lengths to make sure everyone knew there was no assault on 2nd Amendment Rights involved in her executive order.

And no, I'm not a Democrat, and no, I didn't vote for her in the last election.

Danny

9. Brian in Oregon

Word coming through is it was confusing to some law enforcement and gun owners, who didn't know whether it did, or did not, apply. No laws should be muddy like that.

10. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Dove Season Opens as Scheduled on Sept. 4

RALEIGH, N.C. (Sept. 2) – Despite North Carolina’s current state of emergency, dove season will open as scheduled at noon on Sept. 4, 2010

After Gov. Perdue declared a state of emergency on Wednesday due to the impending arrival of Hurricane Earl, the N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission received numerous calls from the public asking if dove hunting will be allowed beginning this weekend. The Governor’s Office has informed the N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission that nothing in the current emergency declaration, Executive Order 62, invokes any provision of law that would prohibit lawful hunting activities, including transporting a firearm to and from a hunting location (subject to local emergency ordinances to the contrary). Hunters in coastal areas should stay tuned to local media for the latest updates on Hurricane Earl and related emergency conditions that could affect the safety of themselves or others.

11. Brian in Oregon

<i>"....(subject to local emergency ordinances to the contrary)...."</i>

So the local authorities can suspend rights at a whim?

12. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

So, anyone can say you have no freedom of the press whenever they want;
    Any elected official at their whim can say the Constitution of the United States doesnt count now because I say so.
    I dont believe this!
    A county official can say drug trafficking in my county is now legal.

13. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

I understand that you guys are talking about whims. But the General Statutes of the State of North Carolina were enacted by the state legislature. No less binding on NC than US laws are that are passed by the Congress of the United States.

Whether the laws should have been passed, and whether they can supercede your 2nd Amendment rights, those are other issues.

An example above. This was, in effect, an executive order by the Mayor of Sanford, NC. It was apparently authorized by ordinances passed by Lee County and the City of Sanford.

Very interesting powers the locals have in times of "emergency."

Danny

14. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

What is so damn weird to me is, when you need the protection the most that is when they make it illegal!

Bad storm, earthquake, riots, terrorist attack etc., when your property and life are at risk, they say its illegal!

Makes no sense what so ever.

Lady's and Gentalmen Boys and girls, when only they have the guns we are but servants of the government, be it county state or federal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.