1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What the H3LL is going on now?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by shooter99, May 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

http://www.channel3000.com/news/23512273/detail.html

Check out what is happening now in Madison Wisconsin.

2. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

So now housing is a "right".

3. dverna

dverna Active Member

The new America.

I love this Hopey Changey thing we got going.

Let the good times roll!

Don Verna

4. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Man that really frosts my buns. I grew up in public housing and when I was young and would wish for something my mother used to say" Wish in one hand and shit in the other, see what you get first". I knew if I wanted something I had to get out and work to get it. My Mother was a hard lady, widowed at 31. What the hell do people expect these days, free everything. They should try wishing in one hand. Bulge.

5. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Next.. "using" someone elses car will be a "right"... I thought they called that stealing...??? In house terms that would be called breaking and entering.. or at very least trespassing..

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Not new.

Last fall there was video of Acorn using a bolt cutters on a foreclosed property so they could move someone in.

Look for more entitlement peoplegrabbing whatever they can as times get tougher.

HM

7. shooter99

Updates coming tomorrow. there is a meeting with the groups lawyer and the police tomorrow.

8. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

I'm not suprised at all, considering where its taking place.

After all, Madison is the San Francisco of the midwest.

9. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

They need shelter...so they break and enter. Now how about housing at the Gray-Bar Hotel...3 hots and a cot.

10. The Stive

The Stive Member

I can not believe that the people helping that mother and her children see what they did was not breaking the law. The property owner and the bank have
    rights to the property. The mother and her children need to be removed. John

11. shooter99

Home/News
    SiteWeb Results by Google
    Group: Squatters Moving Out Of West Side Home
    Family Moved Into House Under Foreclosure Two Weeks Ago

Updated: 1:24 pm CDT May 12, 2010
    Text Size
    AAA
    MADISON, Wis. -- A family that has apparently being squatting in a West Side home currently in foreclosure is now moving out of the residence, according to a local homeless advocacy group.

The family was asked to move by the Madison police, according to officials with Operation Welcome Home.

Police officials said that officers arrived after 8:30 a.m. on Wednesday and instructed the family to leave. The family has moving truck ready and removed their belongings, authorities said.

Police said that no charges have been filed.

On Tuesday, the owner of the home filed a trespassing complaint. The complaint allows law enforcement officials to get involved.

The mother, Desiree Wilson, and her two children had moved into the home on Tempe Drive two weeks ago without the owner's permission.

Embed CodeSave & ShareMore Videos

At a press conference on Monday, Operation Welcome Home announced that it helped the family move in without the owner's permission. They said they entered through a broken door and changed the locks. They said that they launched an effort to encourage homeless people to move into houses going through the foreclosure process.

The property is going through foreclosure and has been empty for some time, WISC-TV reported. Bank of America holds the mortgage, and bank officials said the company doesn't own the home yet.

The bank sale is scheduled for next week, WISC-TV reported.

Court records show that Wilson has a history of evictions, and she admitted that her rental history isn't good. She said that's why she can't get another apartment. But she said she does work and is saving money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.