1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What takes ATA so long to post shooter scores?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rbmtrap, May 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rbmtrap

rbmtrap Member

Why does it take several weeks to post ATA shoot scores adding to shooter statistics? Anyone know the process and/or have any thoughts on how to streamline - shorten - the process?

This time of year, with significant multiday shoots almost weekly, the delay is particularly apparent. Perhaps seasonal help, or further automate the process?

rbmtrap

2. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I think you should take this up with the ATA.

They might have an answer for you.

Hauxfan!

3. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Why does it matter? We have average cards that must be kept up to date.

4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

1-(618)449-2224

5. Shoot n Holler

Shoot n Holler Active Member

Lets see now the volunteer at the club has to send in the scores after he works all day picking up the shells we threw and loading houses . The Ata has to check in thousands of scores each weekend and we can't even keep track of our own scores. getting more help and computors means more cost to the Ata and to the shooters. I can wait.

Mark

6. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

The fact that the move from Vandalia Ohio to Sparta Ill. has been in full swing wouldn't have anything to do with it??????? Do ya think!!!!!

Bob Lawless

7. Uncle Screech

Uncle Screech Member

I actually find they are pretty speedy considering the time of year and all that is going on now. The only shoot I am "missing" currently is the NE Ohio zone shoot scores and that was just last weekend. If anything I would congratulate them on busting their a** to keep up with the records pouring in now.

Greg

8. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

I filed a shoot report electronically on May 14th and the scores are not yet posted.

Tim

9. minnship8

minnship8 Well-Known Member

My scores haven't been updated in a month, but I'm guessing this is being affected by the move to Sparta. Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but isn't there a bunch of new personnel also? The combination of the two would be a reasonable explanation.

Regards,

Chip Porter

10. firedawg

firedawg Member

the cheaters don't want fast posting of scores. shoot a good score this weekend don't put it on your card for the next weekend shoot and they don't move up a class.

11. firedawg

firedawg Member

the cheaters don't want fast posting of scores. shoot a good score this weekend don't put it on your card for the next weekend shoot and they don't move up a class.

12. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

Don't know about scores, but for Grand camping questions, they have been super quick. Kerri Dethrow -- e-mailed her about my spot (lost my form) at 8:50 AM and received a response 10 minutes later. Everything was done with my spot and a buddy of mine by EOB that day.

So, instead of complaining on here -- why not drop them an e-mail or give them a call? There might be a good reason why your scores are not up yet.

John Voliva 82-04800

13. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

jevoliva,

But it is so much easier to pick things too cry about than to look at how great of a job the current and past ATA office employees really do. I won't name name's, but we have several on here that are constantly calling the ATA with their personal "Save The World" ideas". Having to deal with that on a daily basis its a wonder they get any scores posted.

Just shaking my head in amazement................

14. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

rbmtrap

The way you worded your inquiry, it sounds like it should be directed to the clubs you shoot at first. Just because you shoot one day, and its not up on the ATA site, doesn't mean the ATA is the hangup.

Just for your own education, check with the clubs in question when they actually sent in their shoot reports. If there is an issue at the club level, maybe you might want to volunteer your time to help speed things up.

And for those that send in their shoot reports electronically, you have to remember that until the ATA receives the check that covers that shoot, nothing is posted to the ATA website.

And then of course, once your shoot report & paymnent is received by the ATA, it is placed in line to be processed.

I look at the final product, the scores on the ATA website, like a grilled hot dog. Think about everything that goes into making that hot dog and getting it to the grill. Once you do, you may lose interest in the process of getting the scores up on the ATA website.

But if all else fails, you have your average card.

Bill Radwan

15. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Does the ATA has some major software problems? That was the rumor.

16. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I heard it was software vendor issues..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how long for shooting scores to post