1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What Skeet Machines to buy?

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by melwms, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. melwms

melwms TS Member

0   0   0

Our club is looking to buy a new set of Skeet Machines and controls. We have been using old single stack Western Traps for 40+ years. Our Clays course has been completely updated, but not our skeet fields. I am looking for recommendations from Skeet Shooting Clubs as to the best Brand/Model to buy. I am thinking of a 400 target carousel machine that is durable and will last many years. What say all you skeet trap experts who have bought new in the past year or so? What is the best on the market for the money? What to watch out for? Mel Williams, Freeland Conservation Club, Michigan.

2. Baber

Baber TS Member

0   0   0

We have NASTA machines they are great. We have 21 and have had over 5 years of near perfect operation. NASTA is a good mechanical trap that has none of the electronic boards of the Matarelli or LePorts.

Here is their website.

http://www.nastatrap.com/pages/Nastakiekko/4520

Tom

3. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

0   0   0

We have two new due-matics very well made and they work well.

4. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

we have 700 target beomats and GVM no problems so far. Have some Matarelli for 5-stand, they work ok but not impressed but they are fairly simple to work on.
    if pat trap skeet machines are as good at the trap machines i would try to use them

WesleyB

5. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Pat Trap Skeet machines. Jake

6. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

0   0   0

RE: if pat trap skeet machines are as good at the trap machines i would try to use them

I shoot at two clubs that use them. One in Vermont the other in Quebec. Not aware of any problems. A little noisy compared to other modern machines. Easy to adjust targets.

I posted this before, but have shot off the NASTA machines at Gator. Excellent target. Could not comment on maintenance.

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0

If you have a lot of money invested in traps it would be sort of smart to get the same type of skeet machines, as in Pat for example. You can stock a lot less parts becaust they both have the same stuff.

I would say the same thing if you were living with La Porte traps. We have Pat for trap and LaP for skeed and there are 2x the parts in the shop.

Plus you don't have to learn another machine.

HM

8. Baber

Baber TS Member

0   0   0

I would avoid the Pat Traps. the current rubber band type trap does not provide the consistent speed required by skeet shooters. One should also avoid the Laportes due to high maintenance cost.

T

9. dhwbailey

dhwbailey Member

0   0   0

GMV superstars

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
beomat machines for modern skeet
best skeet machines

good cheap skeet machine

shooting skeet machines