1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What should and should not go into a newsletter

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sshotshell, Apr 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sshotshell

sshotshell Member

Our club has a newsletter that goes out by Email to each member every month. It was suggested that a section offering firearms for sale, by members to members, be included in the future issues. A few members questioned if the club would incur some type of liability in doing so. Does anyone out there have any knowledge,experience,advice or opinion on this matter?

2. HDLLLIII

HDLLLIII Member

I am the secretary for our club, and will include a classified if a member request such in our newsletter. I do put that information in a seperate paragraph titled Classified Ad. I am certainly not an attorney, but don't beleive there would be any difference between our newsletter and the local newspaper as far as liability goes. Larry Lockhart Town and Country Gun Club

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The State Association (ASTA) here in Arizona will list guns for members on the States site, so I can't imagine there would be legal recourse in doing so ...
    WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

My Home club does this as well on thier monthly news letters. They have a classified for guns as well. Its free to club members. I would contact your insurance carrier for your club and ask them if they think where would be a problem if you include a classified in your newsletter. Break=em all. Jeff

5. sshotshell

sshotshell Member

6. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

Every word should be of a positive nature.

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Birth notices, Marriage Announcements, Anniversary's, Kids leaving for and coming home from the Middle East, Financial Profit and loss, Gun and componants for sale, Car and or trucks for sale, Help Wanted ads, just about any and everything that would be of interest to the membership ... Wal Mart Sales etc ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Keep some of those kinds of Craig's List Personals out of the newsletter. Don't post anything about long lost Cobra sportscars or Vincent motorcycles in a barn. Tell me about the latter first. Then you should be ok IMO.

9. sshotshell

sshotshell Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

what should go into a community newsletter