1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What shoots would you make on 4 weeks off?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by WoodsonEnt, Nov 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

If you only had 4 weeks of vacation from day job, what shoots would you make? Just curious to see where everyone likes going. Please consider in travel time, also consider that you have the cash to go to any. just curious.

Matt - Woodson Enterprises

2. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Penn. State Shoot and Ohio State Shoot and NY State Shoot. puablo

3. BrowningGal

BrowningGal TS Member

Well, start with your own state shoot. Then, include the closest satellite grand. If you're in the north, you may want to also include a satellite grand or state shoot in a warm state... perhaps FL or TX. Another good one to include would be any clubs that hold weekend marathons (a great way to meet target minimums). Then, of course, there's the Grand American.

4. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

5. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

My state (DE)...

My Zone (East)...only if in Elysburg, PA.

Cardinal Center August shoot...

Florida State shoot

Curt

6. otnot

otnot Active Member

Come up to Alaska and spend a month traveling around. You should be able to make it from Fairbanks to Valdez to Homer in that amount of time. Maybe?

7. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Matt,

You should look at attendance and distance to travel (expenses).

milt

8. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

If dollars were no object I'd make my zone, Ohio State shoot, a Florida satellite Grand shoot and a big Las Vegas shoot. Someday maybe.....

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

9. Sprinklerman

Sprinklerman Member

Rhino Rally Seminole Cup these 2 are in Florida in late Feb. then to Luiosanna for the Browning Briely in Early March. Last would be The Nationals sporting Clays in san Antonia Tx. Early Nov. Mark

10. Release Trigger

Release Trigger Member

Matt,

I have been fortunate enough to have done that very thing 10 times in the last 12 years.

Start at the Iowa State then over to KCTA (Kansas) for 6 days then onto the Grand.

2006 went to Penn State, Ohio State and then Virginia State, a great month of shooting with fantastic people.

Next year (God willing) will be at Iowa State followed by a week in Vegas then onto the Grand, the difference next year is I will have the Boss with me and she say's only if we go to Vegas.

I know I have been very fortunate and have some fantastic people through being involved in this wonderful sport.

"Release Trigger"......... Downunder.

11. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Very interesting comments. I love shooting at Missouri and Ohio! I vend also, so I have to take that into consideration. Some shoot @ the Dollar keeps calling my name!

Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.