1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What shoots can you try a gun from a vendor

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mshep, Feb 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mshep

mshep TS Member

Are there any large/medium shoots that have vendors willing to let you try a shotgun before you buy it? I assume the Grand does. What about something within 500 miles of western NY? I'm particularly interested in Kolar or Ljutic. I'd like to try a few before I consider buying anything... Maybe there aren't any.

2. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Every state shoot I've been to there have been vendors who are willing to let you try out a gun before you buy it.

Maybe not all, as I haven't been to every state shoot, but that would be one place to look.

Plus the vendors at the Satellite Grands too.

Good luck finding what you need. I'm sure it's out there.

Hauxfan!

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Ohio State in Marango OH and PA State in Elysburg PA would be your best bets. Not many gun vendors at the NY State from what I've seen. Both the PA and OH states are well within 500 miles of western NY.

4. Butler

Butler TS Member

virtually any shoot with a vendor, u might not be able to shoot a 20,000 kreighoff, or perazzi, but virtually any used gun u can take to the practice traps with new bullets and test fire Jim

5. BL350

BL350 TS Member

Dear MSHEP,
    The Pa & Ohio State Shoots are excellent as mentioned previously. Jaqua,s in Finlay, Ohio has an enormous quantity of Trap Guns for sale. I did the "Try and Shoot tour" in 1989 to 1990 and ended up buying two new ones from " Giacomo". I was astonished at the about of abuse that I observed in "Used Trap Guns"....

Respectfully submitted....Ex-Jet Boat Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.