1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What SBT Would You Buy Cost no Object??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Chango2, Oct 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

A friend of mine has all kinds of single barrel trap guns; he's owned just about everything at one time. We got to talking; if you could buy any single barrel trap gun (let's assume standard grade) cost no object, what would be your dream gun??? Let's also assume the gun comes with standard fitted wood??

I've often wondered what my choice would be...but I'd narrow it down between a Bill Cole SBT or a Ljutic Stainless Monogun.

2. Pass103

Pass103 TS Member

SEITZ

3. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

DeVault Industries Infinity Hands down the best barrels in the world.

Joe

4. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

BT 99, grade III

5. ec90t

ec90t Guest

It would be a hard choice between driving to Ohio or Wisconsin, but I would probably drive to Ohio!

ec90t

6. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

DeVault Industries Infinity Hands down the best barrels in the world.

Joe

7. tuscarora 99

tuscarora 99 TS Member

Maybe a bruce bowen gun or a seitz.

8. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

9. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Infinity with some ultimate wood that Mr. D has hidden for some special job he has been waiting to do.

10. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

When I bought my Browning Unsingle Combo, it was what I wanted. The one I borrowed and shot fit me like mo other gun I have had until the Perazzi twins came along.

The Combo I bought fit and shot precisely the same as the one I test drove.

The utter confidence you get when shooting a gun that fits cannot be discounted.

As a former Browning factory gunsmith, confidence in the gun makes a difference.

I also performed warranty service and repair for Ithaca when they imported the Perazzi. I have 150% confidence in these too. If they break, I can fix them! LOL

The CAT IV is a little easier to work on.

11. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I'd still stick with an 1100 or 1187. After all, they're a single barrel. If oney was no object I'd embellish them a bit, though.

12. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

If you want to learn to shoot good scores, a BT99 and $15,000 worth of ammo and targets would be your best buy.

13. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Mike...(Perrazi Big Bore) Oddly, I find my 10.4 lb. Cole to feel very light..much lighter than its mass compared to other guns in of a similiar weight. I feel gun is so good, it is taking me a while to absolutely believe and trust it..I keep looking at the barrel and then realize the gun magically got to the target; if I just let the gun "run" I get 'em unlike any other gun I've shot. This, after a month's ownership. Amazing piece of equipment as I am sure many other guns are...if they work with the shooter.

14. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

Sousa Grade Ithaca. Maybe not the best ever made but very few others would have one.

15. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

gunfitter, what makes DeVaults barrels the best hands down???????????

16. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

INFINITY.

milt

17. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Pheasantmaster-
    The metal used and the process used for boring the barrel is beyond the capability of any of the other manufactures. The no heat process does not stress the metal and the ultimate in barrel concentricity.

From what I understand the cost of a raw tube just the barrel blank that Dennis uses is close to $1000.

Ask any one who has one of DeVault's barrels on either a Mach One or an Infinity how the barrels pattern. I have seen almost every gun manufactured by the other makers with barrels modified by wilkerson I have never seen one of Dennis' barrels modified by anyone.
    Joe

18. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Well I am with xp100 Sousa Grade Ithaca 34" Barrel full choke

19. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

I'm still a little bit from the old school. I would buy a brand new, in the box, OLD STYLE, Perazzi DB-81 combo set. You know, the one that came with 2 forends and 2 triggers. Preferably one in the 55XXX to 58XXX serial number range. 34" single with a 32" O/U. Fixed chokes in all barrels. Then the barrels would go to Tom Wilkinson. The single back bored to about .742", and choked to .707". The O/U barrels to retain the stock bore, but, the bottom barrel choked to .020" and the top barrel choked to .032". Then, drop in a Precision double release trigger set, Wenig stock with adjustable comb. Yeah, that would be just the ticket! Oh, wait, I already have that one, but, it's used, and a trapshooter always needs a back-up gun just in case, right?....Dan Thome (Trap2)

20. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Ok I'll say it again. Infinity Not only does it have the best barrels but it is a truly custom built gun. Most of the rest are production guns. A DB81 although a good gun it is not a SBT.

Dennis deliveres a package at a price far less than many of the others and includes a truly custom built stock with no extra charge.

To my knowledge Dennis is the only gun manufactuer who controles all phases of the stock production most of the others farm out their stock work.

Now go and Vote! Vote early! Vote often! Vote from your park bench! Vote from the grave. Just by all means Vote for america. NOT BARACK AMERICA but for America. A vote for McCain is a vote for america and the American way of life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.