1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What r the letters for high shooting BT99s?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JoeE1, Aug 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeE1

JoeE1 TS Member

OK, I forgot what letters refer to high shooting BT99s. Anyone?

RP, RN????

Thanks,

Joe

2. Borderland

Borderland Member

3. ABH

ABH Member

I have a BT99 (RR) combo for sale, and it's a high shooter.

4. JoeE1

JoeE1 TS Member

Borderland,
    Thank you.

Joe

5. JoeE1

JoeE1 TS Member

I'm just interested in old BT99s. What is a combo? What are you asking for it?

Joe

6. VNVET

VNVET Member

Where would these letters be found? Part of the serial #? stamped on the mono block? This is the first I've heard of this.

Jim

7. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

They are part of the serial number, found under the top lever on the receiver.

8. chipking

chipking TS Member

They are the 2 letters in the middle of your serial number and correspond to the date code for the years 1977(RR) and 1978 (RP)

--- Chip King ---

9. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

RT, RR, RP, and RN. I have a RP two barrel set and I like very much. I tried an RN once, Oh, I guess I shouldn't tell the rest of that story. The RT is a 1976, RR is a 1977 and both are supposed to shoot around 90/10, the RP is a 1978 and is supposed to shoot around 80/20, and the RN is a 1979 and also shoots in the 80/20 range.

10. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

How much higher is the rib on these "highshooters" than the current production?

11. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

RR & RT are the high shooting Browning BT-99s

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

12. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

It is not very much higher but it drops more at the muzzle end and has a little higher comb to help out.

13. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

Longshot, so are the RP and RN'.s

14. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

I would think it is the model with the larger forend, and monte carlo stock.

15. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

My 2007 Shot Show Special shoots 9" high at 35 yards.

Wayne

16. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

Shoot low, there were four years that Browning made the "competition" models and advertised them as such. 76 and 77 models patterned 10" high at 40 yards. They were the RT and RR models. In 78 and 79 they made the Competition models and advertised them to shoot 9" high at 40 yards. They were designated the RP and RN models. He is right as far as he goes but he has left out the RP and RN's. I am qouting these figures directly from the Browning magazine adds. You can do a search of those model numbers to find the advertisements. I found them on ebay.

17. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

shootlow is right about the POI depending upon who is shooting the gun. The only way to compare is to have a standard for reference, beads touching or measured flat down the rib. If there is a space between the bead the numbers will be all over the place. Raise the comb and you have a high shooter. That is why I asked if there is a difference in the rib height. Unless the rib is actually higher on the listed guns they are no different than any other BT. Can anyone supply numbers on the rib height?

18. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

Look guys, all I am doing is telling you what the magazine adds that Browning put in the books say. My RP two barrel set shoots high. I also have been shooting BT's for 30 years. I am not looking for an argument. I am just stating what the adds said.

19. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

shootlow, what you are saying about the bt99 max is also true for the bt100. I am just telling you what the Browning advertisements said. They say the RR and RT shoot 10" high at 40 yards. They say the RP shoots 9" high at 40 yards. Of course I guess Browning could be wrong.

20. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I had one o0f the first Browning BT-100s that barely shot 50/50 sent it to Browning in Morgan Utah and they called me back and said none of the BT-100s shot to specs, the did some comparisons and sent me another BT-100.

I had to send it to Moneymaker to get it to shoot high enough and now Burlie Wilson owns that gun, he won't sell it.

That did suprise me that none they tested were in specs.

Some Brownings shot all over the place left-right-up-down etc.

They would rust, you could see it when you took the stock off. You could not belive the rust, no woner the trigger pulls were all over the place.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.