1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WHAT PRICE WOULD YOU BUY AT?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Unknown1, Nov 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't...I don't trust primers without data or anything else from Wolf after the experiences I've had with their metallic ammo.

MK

2. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

It all depends on the number of primers you have left in your inventory, and how badly you need to turn your dollars. You could very well sell them out quickly at $100-105.00 per sleeve. With Fiocchi primers going for around $105, and Cheddites at $109, with a 5 sleeve minimum from Connies, paying $129.00 for Wolf's just won't get my attention..... Just my opinion.. Dan Thome (Trap2)

3. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

They'd have to be less than Fiocchi's to get my attention.. Now.. maybe you could hook up a powder/primer special that might help move both.. All Good.. Mike

4. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

They'd have to be darn near free before I would buy any. I don't care for anything that wolf sells that has a seperate primer.

Their 22LR stuff seems to be pretty descent. Go figure.

ss

5. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Been buying Rio's for $109 or less locally.

6. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

Last time I bought Wolf they were $89 a sleeve. Bought 5 sleeves, great primers, I'm out of them now and like Fiocchi's even better.
    I checked with Alliant Powder about Wolf primers, they e-mailed me back saying drop down a few grs. of powder listed using Winchester primers and work up from there.

7. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

I am going to need primer again I am willing to try out Wolf. I realize coming down to $89/sleeve is $40 less than what you are offering, I am thinking $100 would be fair also.

8. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

I bought 50,000 of them at $77 a sleeve. Wished I'd bought 500,000 now. Not one problem so far.

Jeff

9. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

What's with "kherdon" deleting all his messages. Start a thread and bail out. I think he should just bail out and off the site. When you do this it is very childish.

Don

10. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Don... I think the reason for the deletion is he is not too happy with the answers he got. My guess is that J&S Wholesale is sitting on a larger than needed inventory of Wolf primers at a cost that will make it very difficult to make any profit on.... Selling reloading components out of a brick and mortar store front is a very difficult thing to do and still make a reasonable profit. The profit margins are razor thin, at best, and the highway to profit is to move as much inventory as possible as quickly as possible.... Just my take on it.... Dan Thome (Trap2)

11. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I have NO primer loyalty. They are one-use spark plugs. As long as they work every time with no temperature or consistency issues, and do not damage the gun's firing pins, I go for price point.

I have used a lot of Wolf/PMC primers. I would buy more in a minute, if they were priced right. If they are more than Fio's or Cheddites, I will not bite.

I buy 50K of Rios at a time because I have a virtually unlimited supply of that brass. Never ONE failure with the Rio, or for that matter, with the Wolf.

Period.

12. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I had horrible luck with Wolf 209s, roughly half wouldn't fire, and I wasn't the only one with issues out of the 25000 that were split between 4 or 5 people. Absolutely disgusted with them, and have never had a 20th of the trouble with any other primer i've ever used...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.