Trapshooters Forum banner

WHAT POLAR VORTEX???????

5K views 26 replies 23 participants last post by  ljutic73 
#1 ·
As the song says: " We may be crazy, but it keeps us from going insane!"
Regards from the intrepid Thursday AM trap crew at Central Jersey RPC in Jackson,NJ. 14 degrees with a wind/chill of 3!!
Doc

See less See more
#5 ·
It's worse than it has been for the last few years in NE Wisconsin.

Our trap league delayed the start of the winter league twice, once for extreme cold and once for heavy snow and bad roads. We got going This Tuesday with a balmy -4 degrees and expect a little worse next Tuesday.

Can we get a heater from Al Gore?

HM

#10 ·
The old word was "Arctic Clipper".

Not scary enough I guess. Throw around "vortex" and people are glued to the TV.

Mind control.

Its called "winter". people forget the days when we were young and played in the snow and ice skated pretty much all winter from Christmas to March.

And this is in PA.

Last year it snowed twice in my area of PA and the media cried "global warming". This year its cold and snowy and the same people are crying that the cold is a signal and byproduct of climate change.

Every time I hear Al Roker or my local weather girl cry "POLAR VORTEX" I think how gay these people are.

#14 ·
It's Bush's fault. Last Sunday was the warmest Sunday we have had in several weeks and it was in the upper twenty's. Like Halfmile said this has been a really lousy winter here in Wi. We have had about 2 days over thirty since mid December. It gets into the mid twenties then snows and drops well below zero then warms to the twenties and snows then drops below zero and so on and so on. I leave for Costo Rice in a couple weeks to recharge my batteries.

#23 ·
Polar Vortex is defined by Cranial Vertex, if you stick your head out in the cold, you get cold. If you are like many of current leaders they have inserted their heads in warm environment , dark, smells of feculent material.

#25 ·
Roger,
You're the one who Scampered off to Idaho for the great outdoors leaving the dreamy wheather behind. Im stomping around in shorts and slaps while the rest of the country is freezing a$$. Bet your kids would like to be down here with me at the beach where's it hot and glassy.

Tri County is Shooting at Redlands tomorrow in 80 degrees and Susan and I are off to Banning for pot shoots where it be the same with soft breezes.

Potable water becoming is becoming an issue, you've been here before, not fun.

Hope all is well other than your frozen butt.

Surfer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.