Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What Percentage Of Guns--------------

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Rebel Sympathy 
#1 ·
The thread about needing a FFL to transfer a gun out of state got me to wondering, just how many of us have guns that we bought from an individual that the BATF does not know that we own and have no way of tracing, as in no paperwork at purchase.

I know that I own a few, as I'm quiet sure that most of us do.

THoughts?????

GneJ

#4 ·
Other then being a liberal state its a great place to enjoy shooting sports.

I was taken back that other states aren't as open when it comes to sales. Even the so called Red states!

One thing this state(WA) is famous for is collecting taxes off the backs of business's!

Know that I have found out its "illegal" to sell among friends and relatives in other states(commerce clause)and I can transfer long guns with out going through a dealer, GAMES ON!

How does it feel knowing this government is continually eroding your rights away?????????????

Some of you shooters or those(troll's) that post here should do a history check as to the need for a FFL. When, where and Why. You'll find where some of your FREEDOM'S went bye bye.

I will predict this, there is a coming debate over the "Commerce Clause" as it is what brought ALL the present and continuing "Government Regulation's" that's destroying our economy and personal freedom's as law abiding citizen's.

Just my $.02

#8 ·
Handguns in Michigan require a permit to purchase which is sent to the Michigan State Police. It is assumable that that info is available to federal agencies. Of course, my prior to 1898 hanguns are not affected. Also, any firearm purchased thru an FFL is traceable.

#10 ·
IMO, it's only a matter of "worth it, or not?"

Does the person at the other end who you might have never met before, worth the risk for you to violating the law by doing him a favor?

Long, long time ago, a high position chair person in the Federal Justice system bought a relatively expensive shotgun from some one very close to me, knowing who he is, the appropriate question was raised: "How would you like to handle the paper work, Sir?" "What paper work?" was the reply I think I heard across his fancy library, I kept the conversation uninterrupted with his wife over a glass of wine by the fire place.

When we got back to the car after dinner at his house, the seller asked me: I didn't feel appropriate to count the money in front of him, could you help me count it now? I said: "Why? If it's short, are you going back and ask him?" LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.