1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What Perazzi did this forearm come from?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RioVistaBob, Aug 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RioVistaBob

RioVistaBob Member

I purchased months ago (very nice wood)a replacement forearm for my DB81, Serial #79XX. The serial number on the replacement is 124,xxx. On fitting the metal to it I found that the screws on the end don't reach the wood inside to tighten it, and the barrel latch is off and won't lock up on the barrel.

Any idea what gun this came off of? I'm guessing possibly a mx2000 model.

Just curious, thanks, Bob

2. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

Hard telling.

But, there are two different screw lengths for T4 forends and IIRC the older forends have longer screws. Seems like one is 50mm and the other is 55mm but don't hold me to that and I don't feel like pulling a couple apart to check haha

AFA the latch goes I would suspect that the barrel channel just needs to be cut deeper to let the latch close.

You might consider letting someone w/ perhaps more experience check it out. Seems like I got a few of the shorter screws from Whiz but I have on idea if he would have longer ones.

3. RioVistaBob

RioVistaBob Member

Semperfi909, you were right. I measured the torx screws on my forearm and mine are 50mm. I then measured the replacement and need 55mm for them to fit. I emailed Whiz to see if he had them but no answer yet. Thanks for your help

Bob

4. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Bob: as mentioned, I left word with Perazzi. Al will most likely mail them out this week. I had a huge parts order in during the Grand week, and I see that I missed getting them in that shipment as it all shipped early today.

Perazzi just emailed me after we talked today, giving me a tracking number, and the screws were ordered afterwards.

Whiz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.