1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What parts interchange between 870 and 1100?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bubbaw, Jun 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bubbaw

bubbaw Member

What all parts interchange between a Remingtom 1100 and 870? Also, who knows if a 12 gauge 1100 trigger will fit a standerd size 1100 20 guage? I appreciate your help,

William

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

A couple small parts in the bolt (firing pin and spring, maybe extractor). Thats about it.

3. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

4. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

The 12 gauge trigger will not fit a standard size 20 gauge. The 870 extractor
    is the same as the extractor used in older 1100's. The newer ones use a large extractor -the same one used in 11-87. That's all I know about, though I'm sure there are others. The problem is that parts in both guns have changed over the years, so there's no definite answer to your question.
    As an aside, some of the release triggers made for the 1100 and 1187 are as
    crisp and fast as any Perazzi -at a tenth of the price.

5. frostyman

frostyman Well-Known Member

Actually the stock will fit but it will not bolt up without some modification or additional hardware. The reason is an 870 has a much deeper hole because it does not have the spring and fork that fits into the stock like the 1100 does. You can put the 1100 stock on the 870 with a longer bolt but the 870 stock on the 1100 would take some type of bushing (a piece of pipe works) to plug the deeper stock hole.

The front sight might be the same. But very little else and yes over the years they changed a lot so even 1100 parts may not interchange. This is especially true with the 20 gauge due to frame changes.

6. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

beads and recoil pads and assorted screws and pins...about it

7. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

870 stock goes on an 1100 without much effort, a piece of broom handle cut and drilled does the trick.

HM

9. WTW

WTW Member

I took an extra release trigger I had on hand and put it in my 28 guage. All I had to do was change the lifter. It works great !!

Ted

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.