1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What pad for a gra-coil???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by turbonick, Sep 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. turbonick

turbonick Member

I'm buying a gra-coil online since my gunsmith doesn't keep them in stock. I'd also like to buy a new recoil pad. Which size kickeez or gooey pad fits the gracoil the best?

2. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

I don't know the answer, but I'm in the process of having Gracoil install a reducer and new kickeez pad on an O/U.

Sent them the stock last Monday via priority mail, they received it the next day.

They called me Monday and were installing the reducer and had a question for me. I did not ask but I assume it's already been shipped to my home.

3. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

Your question does not make sense to me. If you buy a gracoil and just have it sent to your house, you better own a band saw with a metal cutting blade and a good sander with a large quantity of belts and disks. Gracoil units must be cut and ground to fit the gun. After that, you have to select a recoil pad and grind it to fit the gracoil unit. Your message indicates to me that you have not done this before.

4. turbonick

turbonick Member

My gunsmith will install the gra-coil. He just doesn't stock the parts and I want to get it done ASAP so he said to bring everything to him. I know that he will have to grind both the pad and the gra-coil, but if there is a pad that fits with out grinding I might as well buy that one. Also I don't want to get a pad that is too small!

5. guncase

guncase TS Member

There isn't!! all pads that I know of are about 1/8" oversize,, you can install them without grinding,, just gives more area for contact!

6. turbonick

turbonick Member

Thanks for the info. I was just thinking if there was an off the shelf pad that would be the easiest but I guess as long as I make sure it isn't too small I'll be in good shape. Thanks again

7. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

You don't want a soft pad like the Kick-EEz or the Gooey Pad. When there is a lot of give in the pad it doesn't allow the recoil reducer to work consistently. I had to take the KickpEEz off my Soft-Touch and put the factory Beretta pad back on.

8. country gentleman

country gentleman Member

Turbonick,

buy a kickeez large size 3/4 inch pad. You will have no problems. Bear in mind, if you select a thicker pad then 3/4, more wood will have to be cut to allow for the extra pad thickness. I am assuming you dont meed 1 1/2 inches added to your LOP but you know what assuming does. Yours in shooting, Todd Nelson

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.