1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What P-W bushing for PROMO?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by riflegunbuilder, Feb 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riflegunbuilder

riflegunbuilder Member

What P-W bushing do I need to throw 18 gr PROMO? I know about use a scale, trying to see what volume to resolve a fit problem.

2. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Try a "K" Bushing and weigh the charge, you may need to go to the J1, this should get you into the ball parek, cannot stress enough about weighing the powder.

You will love Promo I have shot almost 20 8lb kegs of it, I load 19 Grs in all cases for all line loads, Hdcp and Singles.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

3. riflegunbuilder

riflegunbuilder Member

Thanks. I have been loading 18.2 RexI (#33 MEC reramed in adaptor)or 18.6 (L bushing) and with 1 oz I was having space problems with CB4100 wads. I have 5-7k of 4100 left and getting near to needing to order more powder. So PROMO should get me in the ballpark.

4. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Because PROMO is denser than Red Dot, you get more PROMO per volume.

Use an "I" or "J" bushing.

I use a "G" or "G1" for a light singles load.

Whiz

5. Shaner72

Shaner72 TS Member

I use promo and I am using a #28 bushing that gives me 17gr of powder and it give's me 1'145 fps. I load 1 1/8 #8 shot. Don't for get the powder pack's a bit every time you pull the handle a #33 is a to big. Take Care keep on shootin.

6. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

If you go to the accurate, or is it the alliant powder site they give a listing on the last page of data showing all the PW bushings and a couple others for powder charges and the related bushing. Jim

7. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

With respect to my PW freinds, consider a MEC adaptor and a slew of MEC powder bushings.

8. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Let me re-phrase my last post. PW shouold take a lesson form MEC and make their own MEC like adaptor and bushings. On theother hand, the 5.5 lead bushing is in a league of its own.

9. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I had a PW powder bushing machined for the MEC bushings easily done if you have access to a mill or know a machine shop. Mine came w/the used PW when I bought it.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.