1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What, No Bragging now about your Toyota?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by short shucker, Oct 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I read that aswell. As they became bigger, the more recalls that were initiated. Quanity increases, quality decreases.

I also read where HD is suffering from the economic downturn. I'm not much of a motorcyclist these days, so that kinda came as a surprise.

ss

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

Toyotas meet my most important quality requirement: they put union workers out of a job and on the street.

In fact, every time I see one rolling down the road, I say to myself, "Hmmm...there's another union family living on foodstamps, Yayyyyy!"

That's good enough for me. So Phhlbbbttttt! Keep on rocking, Toyota!

(Don't take that too personally, Likes-to-Spout).

3. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Go to any wrecking yard. Look for Toyota trucks. You will be lucky to find one. Look for Ford Rangers however, you can take your pick of dozens.

4. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

wireguy,

That's because Toyota had to buy all those rusted out framed trucks back!

I'll just keep on drivin' my quarter of a million mile Chevy P/U that still beats to the original engine, un-rebuilt of course!

ss

5. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I read that aswell. As they became bigger, the more recalls that were initiated. Quanity increases, quality decreases.

I also read where HD is suffering from the economic downturn. I'm not much of a motorcyclist these days, so that kinda came as a surprise.

ss

6. crusha

crusha TS Member

Toyotas meet my most important quality requirement: they put union workers out of a job and on the street.

In fact, every time I see one rolling down the road, I say to myself, "Hmmm...there's another union family living on foodstamps, Yayyyyy!"

That's good enough for me. So Phhlbbbttttt! Keep on rocking, Toyota!

(Don't take that too personally, Likes-to-Spout).

7. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Go to any wrecking yard. Look for Toyota trucks. You will be lucky to find one. Look for Ford Rangers however, you can take your pick of dozens.

8. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

wireguy,

That's because Toyota had to buy all those rusted out framed trucks back!

I'll just keep on drivin' my quarter of a million mile Chevy P/U that still beats to the original engine, un-rebuilt of course!

ss

9. RAScott

RAScott Member

On a quiet night you can hear your dollars being traded in for yen across the pond. Bob S

10. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

I love my Toyota Tundra.

My daughter bought a new 2007 Camry and paid extra for the delux floor mats. Shortly thereafter, Toyota sent her a letter warning against pushing the floor mat too far forward so that it might impair the use of the brake and accelerator. The letter advised her to exchange the delux mat for the standard mat. However, she really likes the delux mat and simply keeps the mat away from the foot pedals.

Now that Cash for Clunkers is over, watch the sales of GM and Chrysler soar.

I just can't wait for the new Fiats that Chrysler plans to import.

Ed Ward

11. BrowningPotato

BrowningPotato Member

"A union family living on foodstamps"

The union way is inefficient, deal with it. Noone is going to pay you $30 an hour to screw bolts on a bumper any more, deal with it. Either go re-train yourself for the jobs of tom. (robotics, compters, engineering etc.) or sit around crying about not having a job. We will NEVER be able to combat China/India's cheap labor, Never! We can sit here and complain about it or we can innovate and use our superior education and technology to focus on advanced robotics, the only thing that can combat chaep human labor. Stop feelings sorry for yourself and do something! Oh by the way, before you try to crucify me, my grandfather and Uncle retied from UAW at Ford and I am currently in the IBEW.

12. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

One good thing about the cash for clunkers program is that I'm noticing less obama bumper stickers???

13. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I've worked on them all and you can not beat Toyota or Honda. The question is "WHY can't they make vehicles like this in the USA"? The initial quality ratings mean NOTHING in the long run. You simply can not compair a GM, Ford or Chrysler powertrain to a Toyota or Honda....I don't care what you say.

But, the domestics are getting better and that happens every time the economy is in a downturn. I've seen it a number of times. Quality goes way up during recession and when things start selling hot, then cut, cut, cut, cut....and you end up with a de-contented piece of crap. The Japs simply don't play that game.

14. XT=dontmiss

XT=dontmiss TS Member

Buzz-gun tell us all how come the Toyota Tundra is made in Indiana, Please

15. Tron

I think Buzz was made in Indiana.

16. Doug Briggs

Doug Briggs TS Member

I traded a POS Malibu for a BMW 325i. 60K miles and it still runs like new. Bot an 05 Chevy Colorado new because it was the cheapest price. I got what I paid for. Unless I get a sign from above, I will never own a domestic vehicle again.

17. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Lots have things have changed concerning domestic and import cars in the last year and a half...domestics are much better...imports significantly worse in quality...plus they are down right all flat ugly...I'm a GM and Ford man and always will be...I just always buy models of proven reputation...you cant beat a Super Duty with 10 Tundras

18. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

AND _WE_ are now PAYING for their healthcare as well,,,,you would think as a major stockholder we would have our _ee's_ picking up some of the costs in this economic downturn????

19. andybull

andybull Active Member

Quality, price, value. These are the things I look for. I'm all for American made (is there such a thing?). Please put quality back into our products and quit protecting the inneficient employees through Unions.

Andy

20. Tron

Andy, it's not just the inneficient union employees, it's also got an awful lot to do with corporate greed (actually even more so).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.