1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

** WHAT NEEDS,or CAN BE DONE ? **

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by nicky, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicky

nicky Member

With all the talk about just how bad things in this country have gotten, lets list some ideas that we can all share and ponder then let's take action and make the changes. We need to hand our grandchildren something other than what we now have. Some of mine;
    1) clean legislative house, no more career politician's.
    2) limit the number of lobbist(special interest group's) allowed each year.
    3) politician's must pay for at least 50% of their own health ins.
    4) government wages not to exceed that of mean average wage of the state.
    5) no. 4 would include all state employee's.
    6) explore an federal lottery where proceed's would go to paying off debt.
    7) make pork barrel bill's illegal.
    8) no lifetime health benefit's to any tax dollar paid employee.
    9) no lifetime pension's to any tax dollar paid employee.use private 401k.
    10)bring back sovereignty, close the border's.
    11)absolute no government program's to non U.S. citizens.
    12)no more open check book to the rest of the world.(man the list could go on). NOW PLEASE JUST DON'T TALK AND WHINE ABOUT IT. After listing thing's here or in your own mind, look up the phone number's of your elected offical's and get active. Let's make (DEMAND) some changes.

2. FranzSodia

FranzSodia TS Member

Nicky, sounds like a great plan. Just wish we could get the hardline Democrats and Republicans on this website to think that way. John E.

3. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Good ideas, but don't dream to much.....its bad for shooting!

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Its usually the first one to talk who is the last one to act ... I have seen it all my life ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. drh08

drh08 TS Member

Interesting but lets break this down from my perspective

1) clean legislative house, no more career politician's.
    Simply vote them out, a career Politian is simply voted in by the people each term. Apparently the people voting in the person have no problem with them. Making this a law wouldn’t change anything. We have exactly what we are asking for with no excuses. We as a country created the system the way it is today so we are to blame. Stop blaming a politician for taking advantage of what we gave them.

2) limit the number of lobbyist(special interest group's) allowed each year.
    Again they are to server the people and if you don’t like them vote them out.

3) politician's must pay for at least 50% of their own health ins.
    I fail to see the relevance here; it’s a perk for serving.

4) government wages not to exceed that of mean average wage of the state.
    This is probably a bad idea, but I don’t get the current system either. They spend millions to get a job paying thousands so you think paying them hundreds will make a difference? They aren’t getting rich with their salary, it’s from other places.

6) explore an federal lottery where proceeds’ would go to paying off debt.
    Sorta like a tax but you don’t have to participate. Hey what ever.

7) make pork barrel bill's illegal.
    Who defines pork barrel spending? Look at it from a politicians point of view. His job is to help his voters, be it state or local. So his job is to bring in business and money to his voters. If I vote for your bill to do the same I expect you to vote for mine. I understand it and we the people put up with it.

8) no lifetime health benefit's to any tax dollar paid employee.
    Another perk, don’t see the relevance

9) no lifetime pension's to any tax dollar paid employee.use private 401k.
    Another perk, don’t see the relevance

10)bring back sovereignty, close the border's.
    If you think it would help but we live in a global community and must play their. Now if you are talking illegal’s that could change things.

11)absolute no government program's to non U.S. citizens.
    Again, I have no opinion on this one
    12)no more open check book to the rest of the world.
    OK

Your ideas deserve some thinking and merit, locking the doors to the rest of the world isn’t much of an option anymore. The world is a moving global economy and we are part of it. American lead didn’t shoot up because of America, it’s a global thing. Yes the politicians spend like it’s not their money ( Oh wait it isn’t). However we only complain when we aren’t getting the benefits and have to pay the bill. I get the feeling we all want something for nothing and the politicians want to get elected. So they promise us all something at no cost to us so we vote for them. Just wait for the campaign and this time listen to any of them. Here is what you will hear. I am going to lower your taxes because you pay too much and increase spending on things you are getting. Now try a figure out how they are going to do that. They will show where the money is coming from but chances are better you will win the lottery than everything falls into place to make that chart true. But as is American we don’t question how, we just know they are lowering our taxes and giving us more stuff. You won’t hear one say the debt sucks, I am shrinking all programs or raising taxes and nothing is going to change but the debt is going to do down. We wouldn’t elect such a person. Average Joe can’t run because he doesn’t have the money, again something we created and feed on. We hate the negative campaigns or so we say but secretly love the juicy details of it all. Why else do we have so many reality shows? Because we want to look at someone else and say they are worse then me so I feel better about myself.
    Personally, it all stinks, and only an honest person can fix it, but the voting public would crucify such a person.

6. fearlessfain

fearlessfain TS Member

no more foreign aid to any country. all elections paid for by the state with limited amount for each and all the same. no more lobbyists at all.

7. smartass

smartass TS Member

executing sammie would be a good start

8. Sgt. Mike

Sgt. Mike TS Member

Maximum of 2 terms. Would that limit the career politician? Put on the ballot "NONE OF THE ABOVE", so people have a real opportunity to express their opinions on the candidates. I'll stop now. Michael

9. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

I like those ideas. Being a realist I would love to be the one to tell congress that their free ride on the health care issue is over and they have to pay for 1/2 the cost of their own plans. Pensions for elected officials will stop immediately no grandfathering in of any plans. Social security for Americans only. We will accept no goods from any country that does not give their citizens the same freedoms we enjoy i.e. voting rights, speech, movement, land owning rights, just to mention a few. Dern dinner is ready and I have to go. WE are having homemade noodles and beef with the fixens. Dan

10. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

If spammie is so sick of politics, why is it all that he talks about? oh, and the reason that the Repubs won't listen to what the dems/libs have to say is because the dems and libs are idiots.:)

11. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

You're welcome. Now grow a brain and recognize sarcasm when you read it. See the smiley face at the end of the sentence? And you wonder why you got the label,"site idiot". LOL!

12. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Sam- Do you have any idea how childish it looks/and is to others on this forum when you resort to calling a man a female and questioning his sexuality? That's first grade crap. Absolute prime example of a troll. Are you jealous that I have a wife, or are you jealous of my wife?

In a previous thread, you stated that you have been a shooter since the mid 60's. That means that your most likely in your late 50's or older. I must admit that if this is the case, your the most immature person of that age group that I've ever encountered. Find someone else to argue with. I'm done trying to reason with you. BYE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.