1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What Myth Has "Bit" You re. Gun or Vehicle?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Chango2, Mar 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Seeing the thread re. cams made me think of this thread; I'll start:

1. In trap, the hardest targets are full angle lefts and rights from 1 and 5. After shooting for a while, I began to feel that those targets are easiest 'cause they are easy to identify and the shot string allows a bigger margin of error.

2. Once re. a small block 350 Chevy and 4 speed I had, I needed to do a valve job and replace a cam with a flat lobe. I was told to "always" pick the advertised "300 horsepower" factory cam for power and mileage. Well, that cam wrecked that nice 4-speed El Camino. Yeah, mildly better mileage, but no power, just a lot of noise after about 3800 rpm. Took all of the fun out of the car for highway use. Last time I'll believe an engine rebuilder vs. a data base designed for an enthuiast.

2. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

What Myth Has

How about "the shot string allows a bigger margin of error."

3. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

What Myth Has

Was I wrong about the shot string? I was always told that it is easiest to miss a straight away "cause nothing is working for you", the shot string doesn't help etc. Darn I maybe have embarrassed myself or started something..sorry.

4. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

What Myth Has

Chango, There has been some talk that shot string is a myth. Bill

5. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

What Myth Has

I thought that high speed photography has shown that a shotstring exists?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.