1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

what music makes relax you the most?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by smsnyder, Jun 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

what music makes you relax you the most?

just purchased an ipod for shooting. i wonder what music makes you relax the most. Who is the artist or singer?

2. TommyTEREX

TommyTEREX Member

Early Beatles, pre 68, brings back some good memories, and makes me very relaxed. But I listen on my way to a shoot not on the line.

Tom R.

3. balance365

balance365 TS Member

Depends on what you like. Personally, newer mainstream and/or alternative rock. Stuff like Salivia to Our Lady Peace to Korn to Disturbed. But, I can be eclectic in taste. My external hard drive has about 1,600 albums ripped to it and it goes from Barry Manilow to above mentioned to Bruce Springsteen, on over to Louis Armstrong, swinging by Garth Brooks, Shania Twain, Kenny Chesney, and heading back to AC/DC, Jimi Hendrix and just about everything in between.

I keep about 70 hours worth on my Ipod, with a pretty big range of genres. I can pick and choose depending on how I feel and how I am doing. Faster louder if I am down, slow, or having trouble getting to the bird. Slower, more mellow when I am jumping and jerking the gun.

4. Charles L. Schmidt

Charles L. Schmidt TS Member

Why do you want to be relaxed? Be aggressive! Listen to Iggy! LOUD!

A little tension is a good thing (a little). Provided it's positive and focused on smashing the next target out.

I listen to Ray Charles, "What'd I Say". Not to relax, but to occupy my mind so those negative (or any) thoughts don't start.

cls

5. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

if you see me dancing with my release trigger on number 3 position i hit the wrong button. Look out trap house? lol

6. KayleeX

KayleeX TS Member

My Dad and I used to listen to 'Cum On Feel the Noize' before each shoot. It was pretty funny...haha

7. shoot'er

shoot'er TS Member

Simple Man - Lynyrd Skynyrd

8. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Dave Weckl, Fusion is my thing.

<embed width="430" height="389" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://vid35.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Jerbear1098/Videos/davewecklchicken1.flv"></embed>

Jerbear

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Ifind some lyrics distracting. I do have some with lyrics(Queen - Fat Bottom Girls, etc) but like instrumental stuff. I took the solos out of a couple albums and made a sort of loop, repeating itself for 15 minutes. that one works pretty good.

I use coolMP3splitter(free) to do it.

HM

10. Hullchucker

Hullchucker TS Member

Earl, See if you can find the album by Al Martino called COME SHARE THE WINE. It is the greatest music to relax you. Hullchucker.

11. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

I have been listening to music for many a year. Started out with cassete tape then cd's now mp3. I listen to music that is upbeat and moving as the slow easy listening music makes me slow and I don't seam to get on the targets quick enough. Each to their own. Try it first before a big shoot.

CHEERS

12. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I don't listen to music when shooting. It I want to relax though, the music I listen to is Big Band Music, Glenn Miller, Artie Shaw, Benny Goodman, etal.

13. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

I listen to a mix of classic rock, 80's and alternative before I shoot. Haven't had the earplugs made yet, but I did shoot with my IPod one day and almost fell over when slow music came on. Now that was distracting. My problem is that I'm afraid I'm going to start singing...out loud, never mind the dancing on the line. LoL

14. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix and Stevie Ray Vaughn.<br>
    <br>
    Cranked all the way up like God and Phil Spectre intended.

15. phirel

phirel TS Member

Shootlow- You did not really mean to post Spike Jones did you? Few of us remember him, that may be good or bad.

Nothing will prepare you for a shoot better that a good Sousa March. Wait, that was redundant. All of them are good. Also, a Strauss waltz will really help you swing to the second bird in doubles.

Pat Ireland

16. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Spike Jones........Geez, way too much going on there, firecrackers, whistles, sirens, cannons, too much.

Anyone remember Two Ton Baker the music Maker?

HM

17. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Shootlow even looks a little bit like Spike Jones.

Loved those songs by Spike and his crew. Man, could he change a song.

Hauxfan!

18. DJM

DJM Member

Sgt. Pepper, 40 years old this week and still going strong.

19. BMC

BMC Member

To relax? None.....just silence.
    To get on point.....Slipknot.

20. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

the Blues...but not while I'm shooting....nice to chill out to on the long drive home....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.