1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What methods are used to reclaim shot?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by coal stove, Jun 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coal stove

coal stove TS Member

What are the methods used to reclaim shot? I assume that shot sizes are separated by some sort of filtering method. Have seen done with slurry boxes, seems like a lot of work. Websites or any other info would be appreciated.

Chip

2. DJSims

DJSims Member

What I have seen used is a tractor-trailer rig with a hydraulic pump run digging cleated conveyor to adjust the depth of topsoil removal.

This conveyor delivers the soil, rocks, shot to a vibrating multi-deck screen that separates the oversize and sticks, and returns that to the ground. The material that passes thru the top screen is then screened on a fine mesh screen to remove dust and small particles.

The intermediate product is then conveyed into an air separation unit. The falling shot and gravel is blown with an air stream to cause the light gravel to blow further away (and over) the blade that splits the falling particles. The gravel is returned to the ground, and the shot is collected in barrels for handling.

The machinery investment is sizable.

Doug Sims

3. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Doug,

Could you email me regarding your phone call last Sunday. You called me about mining shot at our club, Glen park Izaak Walton in Merrillville, IN. Although we are interested, I believe it's highly impracticable. I'd like to send you an aerial view and you'll see what I mean.

Bill Radwan

Glen Park Izaak Walton

4. famill00

famill00 TS Member

Is this the Izaak Walton near Booneville IN?

Forrest

5. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

hmm...dont think the separate by shot size at our club.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.