1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What Liquid Laundry Detergent in Shot Coolant??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jollytrapshooter, Jun 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

Hello all, me and a friend have just invested in a shotmaker and are now in the process of getting the shot to look right. At the moment we are using low-tox antifreeze and when we drop shot, we are getting little pin holes in it. We know that you are supposed to add liquid laundry detergent to remedy this, but could someone tell us what kind of detergent to use and how much? Thanks, Josh.

2. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Cheapest stuff you can find. I've heard dish soap works well too.

Jim

3. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

And again: What is the ratio (amount)

4. Tjack

Tjack TS Member

If you really want to do it right use AF200 hydraulic oil. As the oil gets lower you just add water. The oil is fire resistiant and water soluible, Soluable, or however the hell you spell it. It's kind of expensive but it last forever.

5. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

One more time for those who missed it, I use about a pint of soap in 6 gallons of antifreeze. I start with a half pint and add as needed to make the dimples and pinholes go away.

Jim

6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

You might try some water soluable machine tool coolent (used on CNC machines). A friend has been using that for years and it smells good, last's a long time and doesen't affect your skin.

7. Doug Mc

Doug Mc TS Member

16 oz. of liquid laundry detergent to 6 gals. of Low Tox.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.