1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What Liberals Really Think of the Tea Party

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by MPdude, Apr 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MPdude

MPdude TS Member

This is really funny! Too true.

2. BrowningPotato

BrowningPotato TS Member

LOL, liberal logic is hilarious!!

3. K-EIGHTY

K-EIGHTY Member

As long as the Tea Party is led by the likes of Michelle Bachman, it will never be taken seriously. If you really are serious about limited government, you need to look no further than Ron Paul.

4. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Rick/K-80,

I have to agree/disagree with both of you. But I believe it the closest thing to a voice of the people that is being heard in my 56 years. I believe it is a movement and hope it continues to gain momentum, I have heard as many as 25% Democrat participation (I hope so). It isn't a bunch of racist redneck kooks as the current administration wants people to believe ( seems as though anyone who disagrees with presbo for any reason is a racist go figure). And to show how backwards things appear to be, the ingrained long term Republican leadership is just as critical (scared) of the movements as they're Democratic partners in crime. If the Republican's had the courage to do what they were hired to do we wouldn't be in nearly as bad as shape as we are in. I'm sure I will once again support the next Republican candidate out of a lack of choice, BUT I am doing so holding my nose knowing that they have the same rotten, self centered, hypocritical, STINK about them as most of the politicians before them. Just my $.02 worth and that's about it's worth!

5. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Tea Party will be pulled downed when those without the core sympathies join on. Tea Party was a spontaneous reaction against total fiscal irresponsibility.

There was a lot of libertarianism in the initial group, and it was faithful to the concerns of the fiscal Republicans. But now the social issue Republicans and the strong foreign policy Republicans are joining and diluting the core principals of the Tea Party. It's starting to just look like a part of the Republican Party pandering to all the traditional Republican interest groups.

6. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

The Tea Party is a 'ground-swell' movement of people in response to the inability of the two party system to be fiscally and morally responsible. It will 'evaporate' once the country is put back into Constitutional shape. Unlike the Dems or Reps who we'll continue to suffer with our total life, the Tea Party is more like a super hero that LEAVES once its job is done. Jim

7. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Remember the Tea Party was largely responsible for getting wackos nominated as the Republican Senate candidates in Delaware and Nevada. As a result the Democrats retained control of the Senate and we got six more years of Harry Reid. Oh joy.

8. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Castle was unbeatable in the general election in Delaware, but the Tea Party spent $250 thousand to keep the nomination from him. Sarah Palin campaigned against him. But she never showed up in Delaware to help her candidate in the general election.

And what was it the tea party didn't like about Castle? Social issues, that's what. Those weren't the issues giving rise to the spontaneous Tea Party; certainly not Libertarian issues. The social conservative high-jacked the Tea Party to promote their agenda, not the fundamental principals giving rise to the Tea Party.

Don't forget Tea Party giving away Alaska.

It would take a Presidential veto to force a Government shut-down if there was Republican Senate

9. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

"because you don't know the average American tax payer who is sick and tired of the liberal left spending programs"

Actually I do know that, and share the feelings. And we should have a Senator from Delaware helping with that. But we don't because social issues activist hi-jacked the Delaware Tea Party and got an unelectable candidate.

And Harry Reid should be gone, but the Tea Party got him re-elected.

10. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

When I see things like Charlie Rangle who get by evading taxes and end up getting a hand slap is a bunch of bullcrap. And that piece of Shi7 is on the committie making the tax rules we all have to follow.
    Thats just one of hundreds of things that brought the tea party on the move. Everydaya this kind of crap and much more appears in the news and still nothing is done.
    The tea party is the only chance of saving our nation. The unions have no patriotic ambistions towards the country. The union workers are so ingnorant about all the mob bosses and Dumbocratic politations linning their pockets and war chest the keep wearing sheeps clothing being lead to slaughter. Wild Bill

11. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

The tea party will save nothing if they keep pulling stunts like putting Harry Reid back in the Senate. The path is hell is paved with good intentions.

12. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Michelle Bachmann leading the Tea Party.........None of the emails I get even mention the name.

Someone must have let their pipe tobacco get moldy.

HM

13. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

Bachmann thinks veterans who receive disability from the VA should not double dip from SS disability. What a p.o.s. she is. She finally backed off from this nutty idea after getting pushback, but if she was dumb enough to propose it in the first place, it just shows what a incompetent a$$hat she is...if she didn't receive as much backlash from her plan, she would had still kept with the plan to give veterans the middle finger.

14. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Rick Barker,
    I apparently did a bad job of stating my feelings about the TEA party. I couldn't agree more with you!! I don't trust the good ole boy GOP any more than the dems. they all have one common theme STAT ELECTED at any cost. you would of thought this last Nov. would have been a wake up call for them, but it doesn't appear that way??

15. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Rick, You're doing a real good job of mirroring my feelings. It's almost as if you are reading my mind. LOL Jackie B.

16. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

Angle thinks some Hispanics look like Asians LMAO. With a growing Hispanic population and ignorant comments like that she made before election day, I don't know how any politician would had been elected.

17. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

I don't think a plan to offset SSDI benefits at least partially by VA disability payments is too far off base, at least as it relates to vets who are granted an 80% or higher disability after the age of 55. Doing so might ease at least some of the strain on SS.

The combination of an earned SS benefit and a 100% VA disability benefit granted late in life makes for a very comfortable retirement.

For a politician to recommend such a plan, however, is like digging their own grave. No doubt the reason Bachmann relented on her version. Nonetheless, reform is possible.

Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

content