1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What Leo Harrison shoots

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trapwife, Dec 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member

Yes, he shoots his O/U, top barrel, full (.037 inches) constriction. For doubles his first shot is .017 and the second shot is .o37. He has a theory about how you need to learn to shoot a "hot core" and not rely on a big pattern. Hope to meet up with you somewhere along the trap line.

2. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

We had a marathon doubles shoot here at my home club last month (Cherokee gun club) just N. of Atlanta & Sam posted some of the best scores of the day. I think i should get some lessons from him. Good shooting Sam! Ross (the puller on trap 2 that day)

3. Maurice

Maurice Member

Sam, Leo Harrison is certainly an excellent shot but to say he is the best shooter in the free world is stretching it. Maurice ( The Brit. )

4. Cooter

Cooter Member

Well Maurice,who's better?

5. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

ATA Trap is open to all that care to attend. If some one is better all they have to do is sign up and prove it.

6. missemucho

missemucho Member

As Bum Phillips used to say: "He may not be in a class by himself, but it don't take long to call the roll!"
    John

7. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member

Hey Shannon, happy new year....

8. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

after Leo decides to hang it up, lets remember to look at the record book. i have a strong suspicion that the record book do all the talking for Leo, ENOUGH SAID!
    steve balistreri

9. Tony Fortino

Tony Fortino Member

If all the argueably best shooters in the free world had a good day on the same day in the same competition Leo would come out on top, I'll argue it anytime !!!

2008:
    900x900 in shootoff at 2008 Grand plus 200 in Event and many other impressive accomplishments
    2009:
    -1196x1200 HOA 2009 Ohio State Shoot
    -399x400 HAA Ohio State Shoot
    -had 500 straight in doubles at Ohio State
    -went 97, 98, 99, 100, and 100 in overall events in handicap
    992x1000 HOA 2009 Preliminary Grand week
    992x1000 HOA 2009 Grand (He Broke His Own Grand Record!!)
    2009 Handicap Average 97.07
    5-100's 14-99's 12-98's 7-97's 8-96's 6-95's 3-94's 1-93 1-92 1-91 1-90
    And he rarely misses a singles or doubles target !!

10. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

how close is leo to the century mark with perfect scores from the 27?thanks dwain

11. Maurice

Maurice Member

For all of you who think that American trap shooting is the epitome of shotgun talent, I have news for you. There are more difficult shooting disciplines than American trap, just to name a few, F.I.T.A.S.C. International Bunker, Sporting Clays etc. There is a competition that has been held twice I believe ( in the U.S. ) that includes the aforementioned + Skeet that quite a number of the top shooters in the World attended, and I did not see any mention of Leo in the entry lists. I would accept the notion that Leo is the best in the free world when he competes and wins in the various other shotgun disciplines. Maurice ( The Brit. )

12. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Well, as much as I like Leo, his being limited to ATA trap, It's generally accepted that Digweed and Faulds most likely are the greatest living shotgun shooters now..

13. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Happy New year Karla,

Hope all is well, see you guys at the GLG this spring.

14. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Its very difficult to dispute numbers and the Big Guys are IMPRESSIVE to say the least ... There are many people who thought big Leo had a deal with or owned a lot of stock in Trap and Field Magazine because his picture has been in it every month for the past 30 plus years for one thing or another ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

15. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

In ATA or the duck-blind, Leo is hard to beat. I'm thinking that it is all well and good that he limited his ability to these two shotgun sports, otherwise, we wouldn't be having this conversation and Digweed and Faulds would be "tipping their collective hats" to Leo........merlyn

16. Maurice

Maurice Member

Merlynstrapguns, "The proof of the pudding is in the eating" Digweed and Faulds do not need to tip their hats to anyone period. They have not limited themselves to just one discipline, they have had the guts to challenge many disciplines, Maurice ( The Brit. )

17. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

Oh ! I'm sorry. I must have missed their names in all the ATA record books and Grand Winners and as someone pointed out, it is open to all shooters. Leo, when introduced to olympic trap,many years ago, as the story goes, remarked "You mean you get TWO shots"!!!!! And ran the hundred with an 1100. I would invite them to the Grand so they can pick up some of that "easy money" that Leo usually gets. Have a nice day..........m

18. trap-pr

trap-pr Member

I shoot a lot of ATA trap at Linn Creek, MO and have seen Leo at every big shoot. I have yet to see Digweed or Fauld shoot registered targets at Linn Creek. Leo Harrison always comes out on top of the pile; so that makes him king.

Ron Lewis
    Springfield, MO

19. Maurice

Maurice Member

Merlynstrapguns, you really do believe in myths. For your information both Digweed and Faulds competed in the Top Gun competitions held in the U.S. which included American trap,International Bunker, F.T.A.S.C. Skeet, Sporting Clays etc. and both came out on top of the pile. They both compete in their own specialized disciplines in Europe where there is far more prize money to be won than in A.T.A competitions. If Olympic Trap is so easy, why do we not see these A.T.A. shooters on the U.S. Olympic teams? Maurice ( The Brit )

20. Troutslayer

Troutslayer TS Member

Not only Is he a Champion but he is a True Gentleman.

Jeff Gerber

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.