1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What kind of TM1 parts to stock up with?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RioVistaBob, Feb 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RioVistaBob

RioVistaBob Member

Bought a TM1 and love it. Being that TM1's parts are getting scarce, what do you recommend to stock up with just in case something breaks.

thanks
    Bob

2. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

If it moves get one. Well maybe not all but I think I have all but a hammer. Even my forearm bolt broke and the bridle pin as well as he bridle (I have the leaf spring). Ray

3. twopipe

twopipe Member

buy another TM-1.... then the parts are all easily organized and you won't lose them ! (that's what I did, because they are not making any more TM-1's)

4. joehunter

joehunter Member

Giacomo Sporting has all the TM1 parts you will need. Perazzi still makes the TM parts for them.

Joey

5. tab

tab Member

You could buy a guide rod that goes to your hammer and a hammer spring. Disconnect your ejector to make it an extractor. Buy an extra firing pin, never dry fire you gun and you will be just fine.

6. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Begin with a tuned gun. Giacamo, Braker, Crrenwelge, and others can bgin your shooting career with a TM1 and you can expect it to last thruout the season. I shoot a lot and that equals 5000 a year out of a single bbl Perazzi as does my son-in-law with his TM1. All we do is occasionlly watch the spring tension and usually change it once a year. Your Perazzi will not break. Just an annual check and a hammer spring and you will shoot trouble free.

If you plan on shooting 10 thou a year, then I have a diffeent answer for you. But as a likely casual and ATA shooter, just a wary eye on the parts and youare good to go.

And there is always parts onthe ATA trap range if something does let go. Unlikely tho.

7. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

There is no shortage of TM parts.

8. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

I bought my current one 3 years ago. Nothing has broken except a firing pin in '09, which I replaced and a leaf hammer spring at the grand last year. I finished the event with a back-up trigger and Giacomo's replaced the spring in about 3 minutes. Those are the weakest points on a TM-1 in my experience.

Buz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.