1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What is your favorite type or brand gun to...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by CalvinMD, Mar 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

What is your favorite brand gun to collect and or shoot...how long have you collected and when did you start?..what makes them your favorite??...which particular one was the one above all and why? I wont post mine for a while cuz it seems after I answer, the thread dies.; ) I actually dont like having the last word

2. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Brownings! Because when I was a boy, they were the guns that only "rich people" could afford, LOL. When I got out of college and got a job I started buying the Brownings I had lusted over as a kid while laying on the living room floor thumbing thru The Shooter's Bible. The first one was a Belgian takedown 22 w/ wheelsight. The last one was the elegant Medalist target pistol set. Aaah, to be rich, LOL.

-Gary

3. 1290FPS

1290FPS Member

Belgium Browning A 5"s. I have quite a collection so far. And I agree with GW22 - they were "rich peoples" guns when I was a kid. My absolute favorite is the "sweet 16"

4. Jim R

Jim R Ljutic Nut TS Supporters

Seems anymore I’m collecting ones that can’t break clay targets

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I'm with Vern. The versatility of the pistol with a realative quick barrel change makes it a great hunter or target pistol. I'm not a collector but i own or have owned a nice selection of barrels in different calibers and lengths. I've had barrels as small as 10" long in .22LR all the way up to a 14" .35 Remington. The one i wished i would have never let go of was a custom made 15"~.920 diameter Bull Barrel in .223--Matt

6. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Yes, the venerable Auto-5 was definitely on the lust list.

-Gary

7. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

I don't collect anything. If I haven't used it in the last 6 months...it needs to go.

Favorite to shoot... Perazzi.

8. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Mod 12s.

9. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

I shoot a P gun. Have owned a lot of others but Perazzi is my favorite.

Next to that is a late model Cole.

The Greener was different to shoot but that is all. Ray

10. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

I have a weakness for early classic 22 match pistols. Have many High Standards and Colt Woodsmans.

11. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Perazzi shotguns.. and 1911 pistols.. i own them.. and I shoot them.. i also work on them a little bit..LOL... All Good Mike

12. Conn. Man

Conn. Man Member

Ahab,
    Im with you !!!!!!!!.

Sandy Holehouse

13. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Winchester Model 12's pre 64's prefered, but I shoot a Perazzi MX-2000/8 combo, and a TMX besides my TM-1 ... Not really sure why I ever parked the Pigeon Model 12 that I shot to the 27 yard line other than peer pressure ... I still have it and a bunch of other ones, should probably go back to it and be done with it ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

14. GW22

GW22 Active Member

WPT -- LOL, peer pressure? Weren't you a US Marine?

-Gary

15. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Used to have a nice collection of Rugers. Just always thought they were well built guns. Had some rare 10" flattops, several other flattops, #1's,
    Red Eagle auto's/target pistols, some rare versions of the black powder Old Army's. Sold most of them off a few years ago but still have a dozen or so lying around.

Rest of my stuff is a mixed bag of Remington, Marlin, Sako, Beretta, Winchester, etc. I think my favorite is probably my mint engraved Remington Model 31 16 ga. 28"VR but it's just barely ahead of my custom birdseye maple stocked pre-Garcia L579 Sako Forester in .240 Page wildcat (basically a hot .243 prototype developed by Warren Page).

I like 'em all!

Dave

16. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

I don't collect anything but guns that I can shoot. I'd much rather have a shooter than a safe queen. I tend to spend very little when it comes to extras and adornments, unless it makes a difference in performance. I'd rather spend the "Extra Wood" money on other refinements to enhance it's function. I have a pretty good variety of rifles, shotguns, and handguns. If I had to choose something to collect, it would be money or other "valuable" tender. There are basically four or five guns I use quite a bit.

17. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Quack Shot: What's so bad about safe queens? I respect your point, and I like to shoot my guns too, but half my shooters were paid for by profits I made on safe queens. What's wrong with that? Over the years I've been fortunate to capitalized on what knuckleheads were willing to pay for minty Model 12s, Colts, Pythons, etc. which I rarely if ever shot. It was hilarious when some fool gave me 4 times what I paid for a Model 42 just 6 years after I bought it. If I had invested all my shooting money in safe queens, I'd be retired by now.

-Gary

18. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

American military weapons, most preferrably fully automatic. My fav's are the Vietnam era types that I used....M-16E2 with 40mm attached grenade launcher, Swedish K submachinegun with silencer, etc, etc.

Now I'm not stating that I am in possession of anything prohibited, just stating what I'd like to collect...

Curt

19. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I like shooting quality firearms no matter what type..I collect older pinned barrel S&W's K frames.. Browning Hi-powers of F-N mfg Browning Plus guns and my 03 Springfields and custom 1911's . the guns i love most are those I inherited from dad and my granpa,..made up of pre-64 Model 70s '86s '71s 92's and 94s (too valuable now to hunt hard with) along with their old Marlin leverguns which will never be up for sale...theres nothing better to me than slipping on my granpas plaid wool coat and his Russian surplus fur lined winter hat with the flaps on three side and snaps..and carrying his original 1953 336 35 Rem Sporting Carbine with the old Weaver scope that had 3 turret caps ..the third was to switch magnifications..Granpa bought it after his retirement from the Air Force and returning from West Germany(when there were 2 Germanys)..still have the reciept for the whole outfit with 2 boxes of ammo..$124.10..very cool..it has put more meat in the freezer after 2 generations that I can account for..since it was doing it way before I was born...I love those memories of the good ol days!!!..oh yeah and granmas Sour Venison and dumplings with German style Tater salad she learned the recipe for overseas..great stuff!!

20. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Rifles of the Old West, particularly single shots, but also lever actions.

(Bet you guys thought I'd say AR15s, huh? Well they're a close second.)

Have a fairly extensive gun collection, though it has thinned out over the years. Been posting a few pieces from time to time. Probably overdue to put up another interesting gun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

rich peoples favourate gun